Chapter 16: The Heartbeat

▪️Mitch's P.O.V.

I woke up, feeling tears of sweat dropping down my face. The heat was enormously high. Too tired to open my eyes, I gathered my strength to do it...and I did...

Expecting to wake up in my cabin, I woke up in a cell. I couldn't care less how I got there. The only important thing was whether she's okay and where is she.

Yn.

▪️Your P.O.V.

"Mitch... Mitch... I can't breathe... I... can't..."

The only words I got to say. They were hard to say. I barely could open my mouth. I was almost dehydrated, drugged... Couldn't move a muscle.

I wasn't sure if he heard me because of my weak whisper.

But he did.

" Yn! Keep up with me, okay? You have to stay awake. Don't fall asleep. Stay with me, please. You can't fall asleep!"

Why would he say that? We are already in a cell, why should I stay awake and wait for something to happen? Weakness, dehydration... Why should I stay awake and deal with that when a good sleep can help me get those drugs out of my sistem?

I looked down and realized.

I have a knife in my stomach.

▪️Mitch's P.O.V.

I prayed to all the gods for one thing. I prayed that I wouldn't have to go through the same thing again. I've already lost my first love. Do I have to loose the last one? Do I have to go through the same or worse pain again? Why can't this nightmare be over? Fucking why!?

"Yn, you can do this. You have to do this. You have to stay awake. Listen to my voice. Talk to me. Remember that time when we bought alcohol and got ourselves wasted?" I tried to make her talk to me. "Yes... Mitch... That was the first... The first time we forgot about our poor lives..." She could barely speak, but it was good to hear her. "Mitch?" "Yes?" I said as I heard her whisper. "If I don't make it out of here, you will have to... O-okay?" "Yn, stop it. Stop right now." "I'm serious... You don't deserve to suffer again. Please...live....for..me..." She said. "Don't you dare give up on me, Yn... Don't you dare." Tears started forming in my eyes. She began to close her eyes. "No! Yn, wake up!"

It was that time when I needed to think fast. I checked my pocket and realized...

*Three hours earlier*

When I saw her naked, in front of me, it was like looking at the most beautiful work of art. She was magnificent from every single angle. I picked her up and put her on my bed gently. God, what did I do to deserve her?

I didn't know where to start. I wanted to touch her everywhere. I started going through her hair. My fingers were lost, and caressed. I moved to her face, her cheeks, lips, slowly playing using my thumb. Then her neck... Oh my god, there's lots of place for kisses and hickeys. Her nipples got hard. I played with them, too. She loved it.

I moved to her belly, licking it slowly, feeling her belly muscles move. I started biting her thighs, moving closer and closer to her spot. That's what she enjoyed the most, that's when she screamed the most. I love to hear her voice of pleasure.

We spent the most amazing night ever. Her sneaking from her cabin to mine was the best idea.

Suddenly, an idea that would make her laugh popped into my head.

"Oh, I have to do something very important." I said. "Give me your bra before you put it on." "What? Mitch, are you serious?" Yn looked at me strangely. "Yes, give me that." I took it and ripped it. "No! Oh come on, that was my favorite bra!" She started complaining. "Well your favourite bra can save our lives one day, you know." "How in hell can my bra do that, huh?" She asked. "Well, if I get this metal out, it can help us break out if we ever get trapped... It's from my favourite show I used to watch long time ago." As I finished my last sentence, she began to laugh. "You really think that works, you moron." "Trust me, Yn." "You trust me, you're paying for my new bra."

*Three hours later*

The night we made love was the best one, and that night could save our lives.

The metal from Yn's bra.

I got it out of my pocket and began picking the lock.

Chains off.

Success.

Having picked her lock, I carried her out of the cell. I didn't even know where were we. But, as I got outside, I recognized the forest. It was the same forest where our base was, but I couldn't find the base.

I was running, and running the fastest I could, carrying her. I remembered to check op on her. I put her on the grass and listened to her heart. There was a heartbeat, but too weak and too slow. I didn't have time. I couldn't stop. My body kept running until I ran to our base.

Finally.

We are here.

"Help! I need a doctor!" I yelled. "Where the hell were you two! Don't you say you escaped so you can have se-" Hurley stopped yelling as he realized that Yn is wounded. "Get inside!" "Wait!" I said as I stopped to hear her heart again.

No beat.