CHAPTER 33 One Year Older

Start from the beginning

"She told me that also. Excuse me, sweetheart. I need to go and put your presents together." 

"Okay, mom. Thanks again. You're the best mother that anyone could ever have." Ingrid smiled as Alejandro kissed her on the cheeks. Her son always made her day.

"You're most welcome and thanks, my son." 

"Happy birthday, boss," Andrae said to him as they dapped up each other. 

"Thanks, man."

"Happy birthday, Alejandro. You're the best boss." Renee said to him as she hugged him.

"Thanks, Renee."

"You're welcome. Excuse me, I'm going to find Dantae"

"Sure." He replied to her. 

Alejandro went upstairs and took a shower. He dressed and came back downstairs. He wasn't planning to stay inside the party much longer. He was about to go outside when he saw Crystal standing before him.

"Happy birthday, gorgeous. You're looking sexy as hell tonight."

"Thanks, Crystal."

"Let's go upstairs and I'll give you the best birthday present ever." She came close to him and touched his arm. 

"No, thanks, excuse me." He stepped away from her. 

She watched as he walked away from her. She smiled and sipped her champagne. 

"Hey, Alejandro. Happy birthday, my brother." He turned around to see Apple walking up to him. 

They hugged each other. 

"Thanks, Apple."

"You're welcome. Are you okay though?" Apple asked him. 

"Yes, I am. How are you?"

"I'm good. Samantha wanted to talk to you. She's using the restroom."

He nodded. "Okay, I'll be outside."

"Sure, I'll tell her," Apple said to him.

***

Alejandro sat outside under the patio smoking and drinking. He appreciated what his mother did and he was thankful for everyone who came. He wished that his father was here to wish him a happy birthday but he knew that somehow, his dad's spirit was always with him.

He saw Samantha coming towards the patio. She was black and she had an hourglass figure. He thought that she looked good but not as gorgeous as the woman who held the key to his heart. The woman he couldn't stop loving. His baby girl, Felicia. Even though they weren't together anymore, he still thought about her occasionally. He wanted to call her but he was trying his best to forget her and move on.

Samantha.