We pulled up to a gate, where there was guy waiting at the entrance. Damon spoke to him briefly, and eventually we were led to a specific spot to park. Getting out, I looked at the place, trying to figure out where we at and kept doing so as I followed Damon's lead.

" Oh my g— I know that's not who I think it is..."

" I think you're thinkin' right." Damon told, smiling as he did. We walked closer to the stage, and my heart dropped.

This man took me to a Mary J. Blige concert?

" Damon, are you serious? I'm seeing Mary Jane in r-real life!" I say with full blown excitement.

" Crazy, right?"

"...the show doesn't start until 9, so why don't we go backstage and chat with her?"

" Chat? B-But how?"

" Anything's possible when you got these." Damon says, pulling out two VIP tickets.

I followed his lead, being overly excited and nervous at the same time. I wasn't expecting for me to let loose like this tonight— but hanging with Damon, it's like nothing ever fails.

___

Southern California. | an hour later...

" I CAN LOVE YOU...."

" I CAN LOVE YOU BETTER THAN SHE CANNN!!!"

I sang my heart to the lyrics of the song, feeling like I was on top of the world. It was the last song of the show, which was pretty unfortunate...but I couldn't have asked for it in any better way. Not only did I experience a Mary J Blige concert, but I got to have a one on one conversation with her.

" Thank you all for coming! I hope you had an amazement night, cause I know I did! Much love, and goodnight!" the woman herself spoke into the mic. I couldn't believe that the concert was over, as I felt like this moment was supposed to last for an eternity.

" Someone had a lot of fun tonight, huh?"

" Of course...that was so much fun!"

" They're having an after party around the way. You wanna go over to that and hang?"

I looked at the time, seeing that it was already edging toward being 11. I needed to get home, especially with Amira and Nancy at the house.

" I would love to Damon....it's just that I can't. I have to get home to my daughter, so I don't wanna be out too late."

" Oh okay...that's fine." he says. I nodded, and we headed toward the car. From there, he took off and set way to take me home. During the car ride there, kept me busy as we talked about things, like music and the meanings behind certain songs. Speaking of music like that had me thinking about Cairo, as we would have talks like this from time to time. And not only that, but Cairo was a whole musician.  Obviously.

" Yeah...but that Thriller album is easily one the best albums to ever be created. Micheal did his thang on that."

" Nah...I don't know— I think it's overrated to be honest with you." Damon says, which baffled me. He had good taste in music for the most part, but some of the things he said opinion wise made me question him.