The Wedding Part II

Start from the beginning

Upon hearing the music, they all made their way down - two at a time, to where Armin stood. Levi and Hitch took their places first, with Armin pulling Levi into a hug the moment they reached each other. Mikasa and Jean exuded confidence as they gracefully walked towards the archway, Reiner and Pieck being the picture of happiness as they smiled while making their wary down, Gabi and Falco being stunned at how many guests were there - it could have been the entire capital if they didn't know better, Connie and Sarina grinning like idiots and casually giving Armin looks to ease his anxiety as they made their way to him.

Finally, after what felt like a lifetime to both Armin and Levi, it was Historia and Anya's turn, being followed by Frieda, and the doors closing behind them - soon to reveal Annie.

Anya took a deep breath before taking Historia's arm and interlocking it with her own. She could feel a twist in her stomach, fear of what would happen if she fell or made a fool of herself racked her brain for a moment. Historia cleared her throat and motioned for them to start walking. As she passed the doorway, she was floored by the decoration and the sheer amount of guests. She looked up towards the archway, her breath was taken away - but not by the beautiful surroundings or what felt like hundreds of people watching them, no - it was Levi that took her breath away.

He was standing there, as handsome and perfect as ever, right next to Armin, with his hand on Armin's shoulder. As Anya made eye contact with him, his hand dropped from Armin's shoulder as his entire demeanor changed. She could see the way his shoulders relaxed, and she could swear she saw a hint of a smile on his face. She smiled softly, as she held back tears imagining how he would look when they would get married - when she'd be walking towards him in a white dress, surrounded by their friends and family. She watched as he wiped a tear from his face, and somehow she felt like he was thinking the same thing she was.

Levi's breath hitched as he watched Anya, smiling and arm in arm with Historia as she walked towards him. He could feel his heart beat as it was threatening to burst out of his chest. Although he had already seen her, in a sense she looked so different in that moment. Her hair flowed so beautifully, and her eyes were so full of joy as she looked up at him. The small bouquet of flowers she held to her chest complimented the sunflower yellow dress perfectly, and for a moment he felt like the rest of the world had melted away as he watched his Anya walk towards him down that aisle. He couldn't help but let his mind wander as he imagined that she would look just as beautiful and magical, if not moreso, when she would be walking towards him on their wedding day. He didn't even realize that a tear had fallen from his eye until he felt the warmth on his cheek as the tear cascaded down. All of the weight in his chest seemed to float away, all of the nerves, the doubts, the insecurities - it was all gone. Ring or not, he was going to ask her to marry him. Hell, he would marry her right then and there if he could. He wiped the remnants of the tear from his face, and smiled as she took her place at the end of the line of women waiting to stand with Annie.

Right behind them, Frieda skipped as she threw the flower petals in the air, along the aisle, and even at some guests - eliciting a chuckle from some of them.

Once everyone had made their way down the aisle, the doors re-opened - revealing Annie in her wedding gown, taking Armin - and the rest of the guests, breath away. She was simply beautiful, and Armin couldn't hold back his tears upon seeing his bride, his so-very-soon-to-be wife, walking towards him - ready to marry him.

In spite of everyone's nerves, the ceremony went perfectly and so did the reception. The photographers Historia had brought in from Marley took exceptional photos of the bridal party, the dinner was exquisite, the cake cutting went just as planned. Armin and Annie danced their first dance and many others before being sent off by their friends and guests. Before they left, Armin and Annie made sure to wish Levi good luck.