Vampire?!

He had to be joking right?

Was she supposed to laugh?

"Drink this" He slid a vial of some dark red liquid into her cell "You'll feel better."

Raven felt angry

She wasn't even really sure why she was angry

She grabbed the vial of what she guessed was blood and threw it at the wall.

No way was she going to drink more vampire blood or whatever.

The man sighed and turned to walk away.

Raven, however, wasn't done with her pent-up anger.

She wasn't sure what made her do it but the next thing she knew, she was grabbing the door of the cell in front of her, and with all her strength, she yanked the door, right off the hinges.

How did she do that?!

The man who had walked a few steps away turned back, surprised.

He took a knife out of his pocket and began approaching her but she wasn't going to surrender that easily.

Everything happened in slow motion. He swung at her and she saw it coming so she dodged the attack and instead kicked him in the stomach sending him flying all the way back and hitting the wall.

No that couldn't be right...right?

She wasn't that strong... or was she?

She hadn't meant to actually hurt anyone.

She ran to where the man had fallen and checked for a pulse... there wasn't one.

Oh God... she had killed someone.

Before Raven could stand and try to escape again, something caught her eye.

His head was bleeding, and now there was blood on her hands.

Both physical and metaphorical blood on her hands.

Raven had always hated blood, the color, the smell, any of it. But now-

She was slowly bringing her hand up to her mouth but then she stopped.

Ew

What the heck was she doing?!

She wasn't about to eat his blood, that was gross.

But she wanted it...

No, no she didn't!

Yes, she did....

Raven again was bringing her hand up to her mouth. She tried to stop herself but she couldn't. She wanted this

She needed this.

The blood tasted normal, metallic, bitter. Raven wasn't sure exactly what she had been expecting-

But then it hit

It was... beautiful?

Little lights were exploding in her head at the amazing taste.

Why hadn't she done this earlier?

Has blood always tasted this good?

Raven froze, no she couldn't be doing this, it was wrong.

But the pain in her head was gone, the lights in the hallway that had previously been too bright had diminished, she was no longer shivering from cold.

Raven was running down the different hallways trying to find the one that led to the exit.

Why did this place have to be so big?!

Finally, she found the right hallway!

She made a sharp turn but-

There were already people there....

There were two guards standing in her way and once they spotted her they immediately put their guns up, ready to attack. She could hear more footsteps coming but when she turned to see who it was, no one was there.

A few seconds later, however, two more guards walked down the hallway, pointing their guns at her.

Had she heard them from all the way over there?

Weird...

The guards were slowly approaching her and Raven was freaking out.

Sure she had killed the other guy but that was an accident, she hadn't meant for that to happen. One of the guards pulled the trigger and a bullet came speeding in Raven's direction.

But she... caught it?

How was that possible?

Then Raven had an idea, she grabbed the end of the gun and pushed it back, hitting the guard in the face. He immediately doubled over in pain and Raven took the opportunity to take the gun and push it right into the chest of the other guard.

It went in through his chest... and out through his back.

And just like that, Raven had now killed two people accidentally. She felt like crying, but there were still two more guards approaching her cautiously. She had never used a gun, so she didn't even bother trying to figure out how to use the one in her hand. Instead, she opted to knock them out, not kill them. She was already a murderer as it was.

She used all her strength to hit the end of the gun against one of the guards but instead of knocking them out, the barrel of the gun went through his head.

What. The. Fu-

No, Raven wasn't old enough for that word yet.

She quickly let go of the gun as blood squirted onto her face and clothes, ew.

The last guard dropped his gun and began running away, Raven let him.

What the heck was happening to her?!

What was going on?!