"Do you have any weapons on you?" Aether asked. Before the three set off, he wanted to make sure [Pronoun] had something to protect [Pronoun](self) with.

--

You shook your head. "If you don't mind, could we go to the blacksmith to get a weapon? I'd prefer a close-ranged and a long-ranged weapon." Both would be able to protect you just fine, especially since you need a medium/something that would help conjure your Astral energy with.

Aether gave you a bright smile.

"I don't mind at all! Let's go to Wagner then." He lends out his hand, patiently waiting for you to hold it before leading you to Mondstadt's blacksmith.

"Hello, Mr. Wagner!" Paimon waved, her cheerful smile greeting the man. Wagner looked up.

"If it isn't Paimon and Aether," he looks at you. Aether lets go of your hand, a little hesitant, and gestures to you.

"This is [Name], [Pronoun] was wondering if you had a close-ranged and long-ranged weapon for [Pronoun]."

Wagner hummed, turning to look at his stash of weapons leaning. "Sorry folks, I've only got a bow and a few daggers if that's good. My last batch of weapons were bought by the Knights of Favonius this morning." He glanced to your smiling form.

"It's alright, I'll take them." You nodded gratefully. [You've mastered every weapon anyways, but you prefer your [Weapon] the most.] Wagner swiftly took the bow and daggers, placing them onto the counter.

"1100 mora." Aether slumped a bit before paying.

You were happy with your new temporary weapons. A beautiful silver bow with gold accents. A royal blue color seemed to glow off the string attached to it, giving off a divine vibe. The daggers were decorated with a [color] handle that fit well in your hands.

 The daggers were decorated with a [color] handle that fit well in your hands

-

After that fiasco, the new trio decided to begin their journey to Liyue. Aether and [Name] were chatting away, the latter listening to the former talk about his sister and his goals.

They both slowed down when they spotted a small floating child trying to scare off a squirrel who tried taking her apple slices.

"Paimon, what have I told you about sharing?" Aether glowered, glaring down at the sweating girl. Paimon quickly denied what she was doing, shoving two slices into the squirrel's face. [Name] smiled at the interaction the companions had, watching the rodent swiftly take the slices into it's small hands and stuffing it's face with it.

The squirrel scampered off, leaving a pouting Paimon behind it's dust. Aether sighed, throwing his head back and covering his face with his hand.

"What am I going to do with you?" He mumbled to himself. Paimon crossed her arms as she grumbled about not wanting to share her food. Aether sighed, turning to look at his new travel buddy. "I think you'll need to get used to this." He quickly apologizes as [Name] waved [Pronoun] hands.