CHAPTER 103

Before getting into the car, You Zhengping got out his nanotech mask and put it on, and took off his police badge, rank insignia, and so on. He still remembered that he needed to cover up his identity in front of Huan Zixu and Feng Kui.

"Why did you bring a child and a dog?" Lian Yufan said in surprise. "Is this our studio's Xiao Ha and Junjun? And who's this person?"

"It's crowded." Seeing You Zhengping bring so many people, Huan Zixu frowned and shifted closer to Feng Kui.

"Aw-aw-awoo!" Director Ha called unhappily when he heard Huan Zixu say it was crowded.

"Feng Kui is the one doing the crowding, all right?" You Zhengping forced himself onto the seat, bringing along a grown man, a child, and a dog. There were two rows of seats facing each other inside the armed car. Feng Kui and Huan Zixu sat on the same side, while everyone else crowded in across from them.

Like this, the young soldier driving the car couldn't resist saying, "Could the people on the left move across to even it up? The car is tilting..."

"Even it up how?" Huan Zixu disagreed. "There are three grown men, a child, and a dog across from us, and only two of us here."

But Feng Kui by himself took up the better part of the seat, and he might have been heavier than the car. Lian Yufan wanted to make an impartial remark, but he remembered that Huan Zixu and Feng Kui only got to see each other once a week and might be separated again after seeing each other this time, so he kept silent.

But Feng Kui himself got up and went to the center of the car and sat down cross-legged right on the floor. He pointed to his own head and said to Huan Zixu, "On the seat, it's too low. Here, it's perfect."

With Feng Kui sitting in the middle, the car could finally keep its equilibrium. It drove smoothly to the base. "Why did you bring the people and the dog?" Lian Yufan asked.

You Zhengping said, "It's too complicated. I'll explain to everyone at the base. We need to examine Junjun. I think the child has had a special ability awaken."

Lian Yufan looked You Zhengping up and down and doubtfully said, "Why do I have a feeling looking at you that you've changed a lot in a very short time?"

"Bark!" Director Ha called to Lian Yufan.

"Yes, you, too, you've also changed a lot," Lian Yufan said perfunctorily to Director Ha and casually stroked the dog's head.

"Aw-aw-awoooo!" Huskies were lively and energetic dogs. It had recovered its vitality after its wounds were healed. Seeing the members of the studio, whom it hadn't seen in a while, it was excited and couldn't stop crying out.

"Really? You went somewhere very far away? Separated by time and space? No wonder you all look like so much time has passed," Lian Yufan said. "So the unconscious stranger is a holder of time law? No wonder Yuan Luori saw a clock in a vortex over the estate before. You've all done a good job."

"Aw-aw-awoo!" Director Ha proudly help up its furry face.

"So you've been protecting Junjun the whole time! You're an ideal police dog." As a reward, Lian Yufan stroked Director Ha's head. Huan Zixu, Feng Kui, and You Zhengping: "..."

The three of them were all watching Lian Yufan and Director Ha's conversation. Lian Yufan sensed that the atmosphere inside the car was a little heavy and looked around. "Why are you all looking at me?"

Huan Zixu pointed at Director Ha. "You can understand what it's saying?"

"The tone of a dog's voice and its body language can convey a lot of meaning," Lian Yufan said.