CHAPTER 88

While his heart rate sped up, Yu Hua wanted to laugh. Luckily, he held it in. Yu Hua had no malice against other levelers, though he knew that some levelers weren't good people at all. Having gone through the ten newbie worlds, he knew very well that human nature couldn't withstand trials. 

Most people existed in ordinary surroundings, led regular and conventional lives. Sometimes, because of a bad mood, they might have a few ideas of wrecking society, but they were only thoughts to vent their anger. They wouldn't resort to actions, and it wouldn't impact their regular lives.But in extreme surroundings, human nature would display all of its varieties.

Yu Hua thought that no man was a sage. He had been unable to avoid putting a foot wrong in these surroundings, so he wouldn't demand that others remain incorruptible. Even in this battle mode world, he still maintained respect for his opponents. You had to respect everyone's hobbies and choices. You didn't have to approve, but you couldn't mock. Though it really was ridiculous.

Yu Hua remembered very well that this world didn't require changing your appearance. There were some worlds where you had to cooperate with that world's living beings and may have to become some different form of hominid. In some worlds, you had to assimilate by hiding your identity; the System would provide a fake identity and make the levelers equip masks to change their appearances. But that wasn't necessary in this world. You could use your own identity among teammates, though not with opponents.

From this he could guess that his opponent had deliberately chosen the rainbow hair. Normally, the sort of person who would choose such a striking style either didn't want a certain person to recognize them, or they were using this sort of eye-catching mode to be viewed in another light. People who used external appearance to attract notice generally looked down on themselves. Whichever reason it was, it was still no reason for him to mock.

Yu Hua's mask was a half-mask, only hiding his eyes and nose, leaving his mouth uncovered. The corners of his lips didn't rise, but his eyes narrowed. He couldn't resist being amused; luckily he had the mask.

"Hello." Yu Hua politely stretched out his hand. "Though we're opponents in this round and I'll do my best to defeat you, that doesn't mean that we're enemies. Clearing is our common goal, so let's work towards it together."

Yu Hua extended the hand of friendship to each leveler. Though most of them wouldn't answer him, and some would even say he was hiding evil intentions with a smile, he still didn't give up on extending that hand of friendship. The levelers weren't enemies. They were kindred spirits trapped in this game.

His rainbow haired opponent's hand didn't hesitate. He shook Yu Hua's hand in a friendly way, and even rubbed Yu Hua's palm with his fingers in an ambiguous way. Yu Hua felt numbness spread from his palm to his whole body. He wanted to yank back his hand, but Rainbow Hair added his other hand, holding Yu Hua's hand in both of his. He said, "You seem very young? Are you twenty-two yet?" Twenty-two was the legal age of marriage for males.

"I'm old enough." Yu Hua struggled to take back his hand while giving an answer that could mean anything.

Beep-beep-beep! But Rainbow Hair held on tightly to his hand, looking into Yu Hua's eyes. Looking past the riotously colorful but still tidy short hair, Yu Hua saw his opponent's very clear eyes with his own face reflected in them. These eyes made Yu Hua feel composed. He didn't try to snatch back his hand anymore. He answered earnestly, "I'm twenty." He had skipped grades and graduated two years younger than other people.

"Twenty..." Rainbow Hair whispered. "That's very young. A year younger than when I went on the blind date."

Yu Hua found to his surprised that his opponent's voice was very pleasant, bright and clear as the sun. The wariness he had felt because of his opponent's overly intimate physical contact was weakened by this clean voice. He softened his own voice. "Why would you reach the stage of blind dating at only twenty-one?"