CHAPTER 6

"Oh..." Zhen Li, sitting behind You Zhengping, sighed lengthily.

Zhen Li took out his phone and opened the mission prompt that only he could see: Find the final boss who has been hiding in this underdeveloped world for fifteen years and kill him; the victor will become the next clearer, take all the powers and items he has obtained in the game to the real world, and have one wish granted.

This was a hidden mission the System had suddenly issued a few days ago. It was also called a shortcut mission. According to the System's exacting rules, wanting to clear was total lunacy. A great master had once calculated that to finish the game entirely, you had to go through over a hundred worlds. And the difficulty level gradually escalated, with each world having mortal dangers. Even if you cleared, you probably wouldn't be human anymore, but a machine without emotions.

In all of history, only one person had fully cleared, fifteen years ago. After clearing, this person had disappeared. Some people said his powers had reached the level of a god's. It was likely he could have killed the Chief Deity and become the new ruler of creation.

Zhen Li didn't understand that. How could a person who had been tortured by the System for thousands of years choose to become the new Chief Deity and torture other people who were suffering like he had?

At the time, a temporary teammate who had gone through over ten levels had told Zhen Li that a person who had lived thousands of years and had powers far greater than the average person would probably see ordinary people like ants. You couldn't analyze his thoughts using an average person's way of thinking. He had become a god. A god's attitude towards humanity would only be pitiless and domineering.

Originally, no one could believe that there was someone who could finish the game. The majority of levelers were like Zhen Li, choosing to get by. It didn't matter who they got by with. They lived day to day, staying in each world as long as they could. Who knew whether they would die in the next world? Until the first clearer had appeared fifteen years earlier and given everyone hope.

So there really was someone who could escape the System forever. So it really was possible to leave this never-ending cruel survival game. Everyone began to strive to finish levels, not getting by passively anymore, but all these years later, there had been no second clearer.

When Zhen Li had once more given up entirely, a hidden mission had suddenly unlocked. If you completed this mission, you could become a clearer. It wasn't only Zhen Li; quite a few people had triggered the hidden mission. These people had apparently formed a Clearing League, wanting to clear together.

But this mission was very dangerous. No one really knew how powerful the final boss was, but this unopened world was illustrious. Over hundreds of years, not a single player had made it through this world alive. No one knew how dangerous this world was, but it was definitely certain death.

Zhen Li was only a new leveler. While he'd received the hidden mission, he hadn't dared to go to this frightening world to die. He'd only wanted to keep drifting along, living from one world to the next. But he really was unlucky. He had been caught by the Clearing League's people. The league's boss didn't dare to go to the unopened world to investigate for himself, so he had forced Zhen Li to come test the waters; if he hadn't gone, he would have been killed.

All around was death, so he may as well go try his luck. What if his luck was good and he cleared? So Zhen Li had accepted the assignment and was conveyed to this world. Before entering the world, Zhen Li used all the defenses he had equipped from the System, afraid that he would be killed as soon as he entered.

When he woke up, he found he was lying in a pitch-black room and was so scared he didn't dare to move. He only dared to get up and turn on the lights after lying down for a whole day. Then he discovered that he had been lying in a basement.