CHAPTER 21

Sorry for the last update as I was planning to have another massive update but it didn't go to what I planned. Anyways here's Chapter 21

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early in the morning, Yu Hua turned the on TV to the news channel. To the background noise of the morning news, he tied on an apron and absent-mindedly chopped filling, rolled out dough, and made dumplings.

You Zhengping hadn't sent him word all night. Yu Hua was afraid of disturbing his work, so he hadn't sent him a message.

He didn't know the scope of an auxiliary police officer's work, but it was definitely against discipline to sneak looks at your messages while on duty. Yu Hua wanted to be an understanding and virtuous family member. He didn't want to make trouble for You Zhengping.

Though he'd worried about You Zhengping all night, Yu Hua was also somewhat glad that his husband had had to go work overtime last night. He wasn't sure whether there was surveillance inside their home. It would be better if he knew what had happened after he'd left home, Yu Hua thought as he rolled out the dumpling wrappers.

Just then, several human figures appeared in front of his eyes. Their leader was the handsome uncle who'd had a basketball contest with Zhen Li that day. He was taking the others to search the kitchen.

Yu Hua reached out a hand, felt that the handsome uncle was only an image, and understood.

This was "time replay," one of Yu Hua's sealed abilities. Like a surveillance playback, it would play back what had happened in a place, from the past few hours to the last several years, and only the person using the ability could see it.

Because he'd wished so strongly to know what the Protectors had done in his house last night, Yu Hua had inadvertently unlocked yet another ability. Yu Hua rubbed his eyes feebly. His seal was like some knock-off product with no quality guarantee.

Luckily, because the enormous power to support the operation of this ability was still sealed, Yu Hua could only see a playback of the last twenty-four hours. What he wanted to know was precisely what the Protectors had done yesterday, so he began to observe the Protectors' movements. With a thought, Yu Hua adjusted the speed to 128 times faster, and the hours flashed by.

Yu Hua watched Lian Yufan, using the handsome uncle's face, remain silent the whole time, from beginning to end using gestures and glances to command his subordinates. These gestures must have been the Protectors' specialized code. Yu Hua could only get a general idea. He couldn't decipher it entirely.

They searched everything and found a safe that Yu Hua had secretly hidden in a cabinet when the apartment was being decorated. Looking pleasantly surprised, the handsome uncle pried open the safe and photographed the calendar diary Yu Hua had hidden in the safe page by page. Then these people also found the phone Yu Hua had hidden. When Yu Hua saw the phone being taken away, he frowned faintly.

When he had bought the phone and some costly household goods, he had in fact used the money in the System's hidden account. The history of this money was unclear. There would be trouble if they investigated its source. Fortunately, Yu Hua had a cautious nature. Even using the System's money, he still paid in cash.

To confuse the Protectors, Yu Hua had even withdrawn some cash and put it in the safe. It wasn't much, only enough to pay the mortgage for two months. When he had worked at his previous job, his year-end red packets were directly distributed in cash. He would also regularly put a portion of his bonuses into the safe in front of You Zhengping. Cash circulates in the market. It would be very difficult to investigate it. The Protectors wouldn't be able to find the source of the funds used to buy the phone.