Chapter 15

A/N: We do not own Stargate, BSG, Eureka, or Star Trek. We are just fans.

It is said that when you have two contradictory versions of the same story, the truth often lies somewhat in between. Thus, we are giving a version of Battlestar Galactica which lies somewhere in between the two shows. We hope you enjoy.

Chapter 15

Teal'c, Vala, Daniel, and the two versions of Karl, plus Karl's sister, Ca'Ra, were seated in the Jackson's quarters on board Avalon. Allison had insisted that she be present, but Teal'c had pointed out that there was very little she could do under the circumstances. To mollify her, two more people were expected to appear. Merlin and Che'Ryl. Picard and Beverly had been warned that they needed to stay away from the station for the time being as their future selves would be present for awhile. Thus, the six people in the room were waiting for Enterprise to leave, so Merlin and his wife could arrive. In all the time the Q had been in existence, the exact physical distance necessary between different versions of the same Q had never been determined. No one wanted to figure it out.

There was a flash, and Merlin was in the room, standing beside Che'Ryl. "Enterprise has gone to warp," he informed them. He turned to the Karls and Ca'Ra. "Hello. It's nice to see you again." Karl looked confused, but Ca'Rel and Ca'Ra both smiled and expressed similar sentiments. "My name is Merlin," the wizard explained to Karl.

"Hello, Merlin," Karl said. "Pleased to meet you."

"I know you haven't met me yet, but your later self has, as you can see," Merlin explained further.

"So Ca'Rel is an older version of me?" Karl asked, shaking his head. "I'm gonna have a headache before we're done here, I'm sure."

"That's not certain, actually," Che'Ryl said.

"No, I'm quite certain I'm gonna have a headache," Karl quipped.

"That's not exactly what I meant," Che'Ryl said smiling. "Ca'Rel, do you remember being Karl in this instance?"

Ca'Rel thought for a moment. "It's pretty close," he said. "It's been a long time, however, and my memory isn't what it once was."

"Felgercarb!" Ca'Ra said, disguising it as a cough.

Ca'Rel laughed. "Ok, yeah. I remember being Karl. I remember sitting in this very room, completely bewildered about what was happening." He turned to Karl. "Yeah, I'm you, or an older version of you anyway." He started to turn to Ca'Ra, but turned back to Karl. "Oh… By the way, the number you're thinking of is seven, but that's not really a good way to see if I'm really you. There's a one in ten chance I'd get it right, ya know?"

"True, but the fact that you knew I was thinking of it says a lot," Karl countered.

"That's true. And before we go on, seven million, six hundred forty-five thousand, two hundred eighty-three. Satisfied?"

Karl smiled slightly but said nothing.

"Yeah," Ca'Rel said, in answer to a long ago thought. "We could go on like this all night, but we've got more important things to do. I've known for a long time about Daniel and Vala being my parents. You, and they, are going to find out about it now. Are you ready?"

Daniel looked at Ca'Rel in surprise. "How come you never said anything before?"

Ca'Ra smiled, and said, "Dad, do you really have to ask that?"

Daniel was taken aback. Her calling him 'Dad', brought home the realization of what was happening. What had happened. He thought about the things he had had to keep secret from his friends, and shook his head.