Chapter 5

A/N – We do not own Star Trek, Stargate, or Eureka. Please review!

Chapter 5

Picard stood staring at his chief engineer who wasn't. LaForge glanced behind him, and saw the group of people gathering. "Shall we take a walk gentlemen?"

Picard realized they were about to be overrun by the curious so agreed. LaForge started off in the way Picard had come, and McKay glanced over his shoulder and decided to accompany the two.

"How are you here, Geordie?" Picard asked when the crowd realized they weren't welcome and hung back.

LaForge stopped and said in a low voice. "I can't really explain because of the temporal prime directive, Sir."

"Temporal prime directive," Picard breathed. "You're from the future?"

"Yes and no, Sir. We came from the past, but I'm a future version of Geordie LaForge, which makes the temporal prime directive apply." He glanced back at the crowd and called out, "Sarah, please transport us to the Atlantis conference room."

The three faded out, and rematerialized in a spacious conference room. They sat down at the table and LaForge continued. "I should also point out, Sir, that I'm not your Geordie, and never was. I'm from a timeline where things were much different. It is the timeline that Spock Prime is from." As he was speaking, an older, heavier version of Montgomery Scott walked into the room.

"Scotty! I should have realized that if one of you was here, the other was sure to follow," Picard exclaimed.

"Aye," the older engineer said, "we do seem to always end up being good friends no matter what reality we come from. Don't we, Lad?" he said.

"That we do," Geordie said in a Scottish accent.

"When you say you're not my Geordie, does that mean I shouldn't trust you?" Picard asked mildly.

"Not at all, Sir. I served under Jean Luc Picard just like your Geordie did, and I will never break that trust in any of you," LaForge said smiling.

"That is good to know. Now where is my science officer?"

Sarah spoke before LaForge could. "I have been waiting for you to decide where you were going to stay before I rematerialized him."

With that, Curzon Dax appeared in the room. It took a few moments for Geordie and Scotty to explain to him about the Goa'uld, but once he understood, he expressed a desire to study one of the symbionts.

They spoke for several more minutes, but Picard was itching to get out and explore the famed city. When he voiced his desire, Rodney excitedly offered to show him around and the twins decided to accompany them.

They talked animatedly until they reached the control room where Picard was introduced to Richard Woolsey who shook his hand vigorously as he gushed, "It is, indeed, a pleasure to meet you, Sir, Mr. Worf has told me much about you!"

"You know Mr. Worf?" Picard asked, surprised.

"Yes. He and your Captain Martok have been spending a fair amount of time with the Asgard and our own Ronan and Teyla. I understand Worf has a contest scheduled with Teal'c for," he consulted his watch and his eyebrows raised. "now, actually. If you'll follow me, I'll show you."

They made their way to an arena where several people from both the Federation ships and Atlantis were filling the stands. Picard recognized Thor, the O'Neills, and the Jacksons sitting in the first stand. Thor caught Picard's eye and gestured to some empty spots beside him. The small group made their way to the open spots, and sat down just as the battle began.