Chapter 2

A/N: We do not own Trek, Eureka, or Stargate. Please review!

Chapter 2

Thor stood on the bridge of the O'Neill, gazing out at the Iconian fleet. He looked at the stars, and didn't recognize their positions. What was disturbing was that some of the stars appeared to be where they should be, but only if he was three hundred thousand years in the future. Some stars were out of place completely, or didn't correlate at all to any stars in Avalon. It was frustrating, because at times, he felt like he should know where he was, but then a star would be there that shouldn't be or one would be missing. To top it off, none of the ships were able to enter hyperspace. Everytime they tried, the engines simply overheated. The real kicker, as Jack would say, was that all of the Wraith, five Stasis ships, and three of the Jaffa ships were missing. No one had any idea what happened to them and there were no signs that they would be able to find them.

A presence was suddenly beside him. "Hi, Thor. Good to see you made it."

Thor turned and saw his friend, Jack O'Neill. "Hello, O'Neill. Where have you been? It's been two days since the battle."

Jack laughed. "Thor, buddy, it's been a heck of a lot longer than that."

Thor looked out the window at the frustrating stars again. "I would hazard that it has been three hundred thousand years, except for some stars that are frustratingly either there or not."

"Three hundred two thousand, four hundred seventy one years, to be exact."

Thor nodded. "Where are we now?"

"Same place. The extra stars and the missing ones? They're because reality kinda hiccupped."

Again, Thor nodded. "I think I understand, O'Neill. Two or more realities converged. Was it not time for the Doci to die?"

Jack shook his head. "Yes and no. Thor, the Commander, and the First tell me that the reality they came from… the one we are now in, was a fractured one. As far as we can tell, five realities, possibly many more, converged into one, and it gets even more complicated because this is an altered version of the fractured reality."

Thor smiled. "I think I'll be needing some aspirin on a regular basis then, O'Neill."

Jack grinned and looked out the window at the starscape. "You said it, Buddy."

Later that evening...

Merlin had gathered the leaders of Iconia into the Camelot council chambers again. "Ladies and gentlemen. Some of us have now come full circle. Some of our older Ancients and Q are actually from this time period we find ourselves in now. The First, Commander and myself are out there approaching, as are younger versions of the twins, among others. They are about to visit and will be seeking diplomatic relations with us as we are now in their territory. The Jean Luc Picard who is approaching must not know about me for now, nor can the Ambassador Spock who is approaching know about the First.

"I will remain on board the sphere, as it is safe for me to remain, but some of the Q who exist in this time period as Q already, must leave. For example the First and the Commander as well as Hippaforalkus must return to the continuum for now. They are not gone, however. Their former selves are here, and are Q, although at the present time, Riker does not know he is Q."

The First stepped forward and addressed the crowd. "For my part, there are two of me in this time period already. One who is Q and one not. The version of me who is Q will take my place here, on the sphere as representative leader for those of us who are Q. While I was him long ago, it will be beneficial to have him in this position, so that the people of this time period understand that he is the Spock Prime that they know. While I would consider such a situation to be mere semantics, they will not. Therefore, I take my leave of you for now." With that, the First disappeared in a flash, and on the other side of the platform, a man in a Vulcan softsuit flashed into being. He was clearly the same person who had just disappeared, and even though there was absolutely no difference in his appearance to give away his age, there was a general sense that he was younger, and didn't have as much experience. Or was there?