Chapter 1

A/N - This is the sequel to Birth Of Iconia. As before, we do not own Stargate, Eureka, or Star Trek. We're just fans.

Chapter 1

"Let's get the hell out of here," Captain James T. Kirk said, standing on the surface of the Guardian Planet. He reached for his communicator to call Scotty for beam out, when everything stopped. The constant moaning of the wind through the ruins ceased, and even his friends stopped moving. He looked around him and only then realized that the power pulsating through the Guardian of Forever seemed to still be in motion. He stepped forward. "What's going on?"

The Guardian pulsed for a moment, then a man stepped through. He appeared to be human with long, graying hair and a full beard. He was shorter than Kirk, but he wore an air of authority around him like a mantel. He was dressed in a white robe with gold embroidery around every edge. He looked at Kirk for a long moment, then smiled. "Captain Kirk, it has been a long time since we last met. I am Zeus."

"I'm sorry, Sir. I don't remember ever meeting you, and I'm sure I'd remember someone called Zeus," Kirk said. "Would you mind telling me if you're responsible for…" He waved his hand at his crew, still standing motionless. "That," he finished, unsure of what else to say.

"Technically, the Guardian did it, but since I built the Guardian, I guess you could hold me responsible."

Kirk nodded. "Are you the Zeus I've read about in Greek mythology?"

Zeus pursed his lips for a moment, then sat down on a fallen pillar. He looked around for a moment at what had once been a magnificent city, then back to Kirk. "In a manner of speaking, I suppose I am."

"Then I'm sure I haven't met you."

"In your life, you haven't met me yet, but we will meet in your future. My past." He saw the look of confusion on Kirk's face, then realization.

"You're from the future, aren't you?"

"And the past," he said matter-of-factly. Kirk flashed a dangerous look at him, and he quickly continued. "Time doesn't flow for me as it does for you, Kirk. I created the Guardian… Well, actually, I set the parameters for it, and it sort of…. built itself, but that's not why I'm here.

"In your future, you will meet the greatest ally that the Federation will ever have. They are incredibly powerful, but when you meet them, they will be close to helpless. They will have just been catapulted through time after defeating enemies that have destroyed civilizations across several galaxies.

"You will have the privilege of first contact with them… You and your great grandson, anyway. What you will need to do is not let fear lead you. You will marvel at what they've accomplished, but don't let that blind you to the fact that they will need your help."

"What kind of help will they need?" Kirk asked.

Zeus ignored the question, but rather stood and walked over to the Guardian. He placed a hand on it and rested it there for several moments. Then he seemed to shake himself and looked once again at the ruins which stretched as far as the eye could see.

"Time has been damaged, Kirk. That's why I built the Guardian. It was to ensure that time fractured no more than it has. The Guardian is why you were drawn here today. Certain points in time are permanent. No matter how reality changes, these focal points will remain fixed. This keeps time from fracturing, and realities from overlapping."

"How was time damaged?"

"A fixed point in time was changed." Zeus was looking at the horizon as he spoke, but now he turned to face Kirk. "Will be changed. By you." At Kirk's look, Zeus laughed. "Don't worry, Kirk. You won't remember our conversation in enough detail to change your future. Not until you're responsible enough to not change it anyway."