Ch. 11

Ella quietly and carefully walked over the hardwood. Her toes barely missed a squeaky floorboard. A few more steps and she was right outside Lady Tremaine's room.

Ella: I'm getting out of here. Just wait, Fairy Godmother!

She pulled a couple bobby pins from her hair and went to work on the lock. Ella had to be quick because the others were away, but it wouldn't be long before they returned.

Finally, the knob twisted open. Ella stepped in and scanned the room. She knew where the wand would be hidden: a drawer she and even her stepsisters were forbidden to look into.

But, Ella had to swallow her fear. If she wanted to escape, she needed to do this. First, she closed the door behind her. Bare feet tread cautiously over the carpet. She forgone any shoes; this was her version of stealthy.

Never said she was an escape artist.

Ella opened the drawer. It was strangely unlocked. When she looked inside, her heart sank. There was a crow-shaped broach, some small blue stone, but no wand.

Ella: B-But, I thought for sure, this is where she'd hide it.

Tremaine: Wrong as always.

Ella gasped and spun around. Lady Tremaine stepped out of a green-colored portal, wand in hand. Right now, she was in a lot of trouble; may as well start praying.

Tremaine: Did you really think I'd let this leave my person? Even your teacher knew better, until she didn't.

Ella eyed the wand and felt her anger boil over. That made her do something she's never done to her stepmother: go off on her.

Ella: HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!? THAT FLEW AWAY BY ACCIDENT! IT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!

Ella didn't care anymore. She had enough. This ends today.

Tremaine: Insolent little brat. One wave of this, and you will experience torment like no other.

Ella: TRY IT! WHAT MORE COULD YOU DO TO ME!?

Lady Tremaine's eyes widened with shock. Then, a smug grin grew. She saw the bright orange sparks outside the property line.

Tremaine: Actually, I think I know just the thing that I could do.

Ella felt her blood turn to ice, hearing her stepmother's menacing chuckle.
_______________

Outside, Y/N and Strange stepped from a portal near the chateau's grounds.

Y/N: Okay

Y/N: Okay. So, I've gotta think. Does she know what I can do? Maybe I could- No, too risky. And that wand....Master, if you've got a magic killer balloon animal you could conjure up-

Doctor Strange: Really? Now of all times to crack a joke about that?

Y/N: Sorry, just trying to, take my mind off the potential death I'm facing.