☺︎︎ Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Wh–"

"Okay bitches, I just heard Yuta asking Winwin out to go to Johnny's costume party– that I didn't know about. Which one of you fuckers forgot to invite me?" Haechan marches up to them with a flat look.

"It's Johnny's party, don't look at me." Lucas raised his hands up and looks away, Mark groaning from being interrupted.

"That fucker." Haechan grumbles and drapes an arm around Mark's shoulders, kissing his temple.

"Babe, did you know Jaemin's been living with Jeno for three weeks now?" Mark asks and looks up at his boyfriend.

"What?!"

"Almost, Mark hyung. Stop forgetting about that." Jeno pouts at him and finally shuts his locker that has been slightly opened since he got caught up with their conversation.

"Doesn't matter. But what the fuck?" Mark covered his right ear from the loudness of Haechan's voice.

"What?" Jeno raised a brow at them. "Is there something wrong with my soulmate living with me now? You don't even know the full story, and probably won't since it's confidential."

There was a bigger and darker meaning behind his words, and he knows he shouldn't have said that because if his friends decided to use their brain, they'll catch on.

"Okay fine, but we'll talk about this more later on." Mark points a finger at him as Haechan gave Jeno– who nodded at Mark, a weird look.

"What more are you hiding from us Jen?" He chuckled and more on jokes when his boyfriend nudges him on the side when he saw the look he was giving towards the brunet.

Without them noticing, Jeno gulps silently.

"That my soulmate is a vampire, Bongsik can talk, my nonna and dad were witches and wizards. Oh and my parents died to save me from a ghoul."

He brushes those thoughts off and waves a lazy hand, "nothing more Haechanie~" he gave off a smile.

Humming, the tanned male lets him off this time. "Well, I have to go now, Jaeminnie hyung is probably waiting for me outside." Jeno said a little too quickly and runs off leaving the others behind.

"He's acting suspicious." Mark comments.

"You're being protective again, relax." Haechan replied which he earned a huff from his boyfriend.

"You literally think the same and would be like this too."

"Shut up." Haechan hisses whilst Lucas just stared at Jeno's back, furrowing his eyebrows together.

☺︎︎

"Jaeminnie hyung?" Jeno calls the elder boy's name to get his attention.

The vampire boy who was sitting across from him, hums and looks up after taking a bite of his food. "What?" He asked curtly.

"Johnny hyung is having this party," the younger boy drawls and fiddled with his fingers. "I was wondering if we could go."

Jaemin blinks, "no." Answering coldly and sternly like before, taking a sip of his glass of water.

It would've been nicer if it was blood. But there's something in him that's slightly stopping himself from feeding off of Jeno.

Jeno's still a bit upset about that but doesn't show it, Jaemin still hasn't fed himself off of him even after he spoke up about it to the elder boy.

"What's stopping him?" He often wonders to himself at night while staring at Jaemin's sleeping figure on the bean bag.

He usually earns a meow from Bongsik, the cat guessing what's on his mind at 1 in the morning. But she doesn't answer him, leaving him to wonder even more.

"Why not?" He asks and plays with his empty plate.

Putting the glass down, Jaemin sighs and decided to not pick up a fight with the younger boy right now.

"I'm a vampire Jeno, it's not a good idea to bring me to these things. Yangyang could barely bring Hendery around." He stated.

"But it's a costume party! It'll be slightly easier for you." Jeno tries to persuade the older boy.

"It's still a no."

Jeno doesn't know why, but he feels really upset with Jaemin's decision. So he huffs loudly and stands up, "fine. I'll just go alone then."

Jaemin speeds up to him in a blink of an eye, now standing in front of him. However, he tsks at him loudly too. "You're so stubborn."

"But it's cute."

"I'm going. Only because I don't want to spend more time with Bongsik alone than I've already had." He reasons while the said cat hisses at him.

Jeno lightens up again and beams at him, he squeals and hugs him by the torso. "Thank you hyung!" He exclaimed and pulls away a little.

"I already have something in mind on what I could be!" He suddenly added.

Raising a brow, Jaemin asks. "And that is?"

"I'll be a vampire like you! Let's be vampires together, hyung." Jeno giggles.

Jaemin's starting to feel regret on his shoulders but shuts himself up.

"My dear soulmate, I'll be your Mina Harker and you'll be my Dracula :D "

"Pup, this is such a dumb idea..."