Chapter 31: Make it up to me

JUNGKOOK'S POV

Please still be there.

Don't let me be too late.

---------------------------------------------------------
3RD PERSON POV

As soon as he left the store, Jungkook zoomed out, following the nice shopkeeper's diagram that she drew out for him.

In about 5 mins or so running, he had made it. Only problem is, the shopping center was huge, and the center itself was closing.

He tried to look through the crowds of people leaving, searching for Taehyung.

But he couldn't find him.

"I messed up." He sighed, and sat on a nearby bench with his head hanging.

"Jungkook?" He heard in front of him.

It was Taehyung. He managed to find him. In a sense.

"Wha- You're here?" Jungkook stands up in surprise.

"Yeah. I've been here. For half an hour." Taehyung crosses his arms.

Jungkook laughs nervously.

"I know, I know. I am so sorry. I got lost."

"I called you multiple times."

"My phone is dead. That's how I got lost."

"Convenient." He glares at Jungkook."

"Taehyung please. I would never have left you waiting. I was on my way I promise."

Seeing that Taehyung was still upset, he was reminded of the shopkeeper's words.

"Maybe tiger will soften the blow."

"I got you something." He hands him the bag.

"What is this?" Taehyung reaches in the bag and pulls out the tiger.

"I wanted to make it up to you. I'm sorry I made you wait so long. I'm sorry I couldn't answer your calls. I'm sorry Taehyung." He says, eyes fixed on Taehyung's.

He would have no way of knowing this, but Jungkook's sincerity made up for it all.

That and the gift.

"I forgive you Jungkook."

"Oh thank goodness." He breathes a sigh of relief.

Taehyung chuckles.

Then a message is played out loud in the intercoms around them.

"Please begin to exit the center. We are now closing. Thank you for visiting."

Jungkook groans.

"The whole reason we came here was to replace our things! I messed up yet another thing! I'm sorry Taehyung."

"Jungkook..." Taehyung holds his shoulder. And Jungkook's heart grew unsteady.

"Y-yes?" He stammers.

"I want you.." And Jungkook's heartbeat is in his head.

"To stop apologizing!" Taehyung ends.

"What?" Jungkook is snapped back to reality.

"Stop beating yourself up about this. It's completely fine." Taehyung chuckles and pats Jungkook. "You looked so panicked just now." He begins walking towards the exit.

Jungkook follows. "But I still need to make it up to you!" Taehyung rolls his eyes playfully.

"No you don't-" He's cut off by the sound of his rumbling stomach. He laughs sheepishly.
"Well actually... you can make it up to me by taking me out to eat."

"Deal!" Jungkook agrees immediately, not knowing he had just agreed to a dinner date.

But happy to be in each other's company, they went out to eat.

The oblivious one, and the sly one.