Chapter 18: Strangers

JIN'S POV

Now that we were allowed out in public, I had gotten permission from my father to visit the library. Of course, it was now closed off for me only when I wanted.

I was looking outside the window when I heard some yelling, I turned to see a couple of guys ganging up on another guy outside the library. I realized the guards weren't going to see them. Making sure they couldn't see me, I yelled from the window.

"Hey! You better start running before the  cops come and take you away!" I yelled, hoping they would take my bluff.

And it would seem like they did, because right afterwards, they all ran away, leaving the guy on the ground. He wouldn't move, so I got a bit worried.

"Are you okay?! Hello!" I yelled, wondering if they hurt him too bad.

He simply gave me a thumbs up, while he was still facing towards the ground.
I chuckled. He was quite funny even in his state.

"You sure you don't need any help?" I yelled to the guy.

"I'm okay, thanks though." He replied in a surprisingly deep voice.

It was kind of attractive. He then continued to stand up, and that's when I saw his face.

 He then continued to stand up, and that's when I saw his face

He was very cute. He then started to walk off, I was a bit disappointed, since I interacted with no one, I was often feeling lonely. He then turned around.

"I forgot to say, thank you for saving me from those guys." He said with a smile on his face.

"It's fine, I wasn't doing anything, I'm always up here and I'm usually alone. I was just looking outside when I saw you." I said, hiding behind my book so he would take see my face.

"You're a lot like me then." He said.

"How so?" I asked, confused by what he meant.

"I mean I'm usually alone, I have friends, but we don't hang out that often." He replied.

"Surely someone with your personality would have a girlfriend or something." I asked, curious on his answer.

"Nope, I'm into guys. But none have caught my eye." He said.

I then felt... relief?

"Are you going to be here tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'm here every day." I chuckled.

"Oh, is it okay if I come visit you everyday so we can hang out? You seem like a nice person." He asked politely.

I'll be honest, I love the idea of having company. Unfortunately, I'll have to see him from beyond the library window.

"Sure, you can visit, just make sure the guards won't see you." I replied.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Also my name is Namjoon." He said waving at the window before taking off.

I think I'll enjoy his company.
----------------------------------------------------------

I liked writing this chapter :)
Thank you for reading ❤
Have a good day/night 👋
-Mikolodan