Chapter Fifteen

Walking back into the house that I haven't seen in a week feels relieving but ominous; they can only take what I'm going to tell them, bad or worse.

I follow Mason as we walk up the stairs and through the door as the guys trail behind me.

"oh, you found her,"

Eli says as soon as we walk through the door. walking over, he hugs me,
"we were so worried when we couldn't reach you."

Seeking comfort, I return the hug,
"I'm okay."

"I've never seen the boys so worried," Ella says, smiling,
"I'm happy you are okay."

"Thanks,"
I whisper, surprised everyone was so worried.

"Sara needs to show us something," Asher says as he walks into the living room and removes his jacket.

"Yes, you should probably sit down for this,"
I say, motioning to the sofas.

Everyone follows and sits down on the sofa except me, I stand fidgeting nervously trying to figure out what to say.

I decide just to be straight with it and get it out.

Hoping for the best I begin...
"Okay, so I figured out my ability while you were away; it was an accident.
I was talking to Mr. Tucker..."

"Our English teacher?" Caleb interrupts.

"Yes, and he, um was saying something, and I got upset and sort of made him forget me."

Everyone looks at me confused,
Ella voices what everyone is thinking, "I don't understand, dear,"

"I don't really know myself and its not just that, I have learned to do other things too. It's probably better if I show you."

Closing my eyes, I focus my attention on the minds in the room and say loud and clear in my head,
"this is what I can do."

Forrest jumps up first, "what the fuck was that"

"You just said that in my head," Asher whispers.

"yes, I don't know how but I think I'm a telepath; I can also make people do things but sometimes not on purpose."

"Whoa," Mason whispers.

"What were you doing to Kendra?"

"I'm not sure; I just know I kept thinking that I wanted to make her feel pain. I just pushed myself into her mind and filled it with pain. It's not my proudest moment."

"I've never heard of a member of the Flame being a telepath; the only stories I've heard was Blayde and some of his followers. He was the strongest telepath we have ever seen until now, I suppose,"
Ella says, looking at Eli, who has remained quietly staring at me.

"I don't think we are the only ones with this power, though; spencer has been helping me because he is a telepath too."

At the mention of his name, all four guys stiffen, and I think Forrest growls.

"Many people throughout the world have abilities, yes, but it's infrequent to see telepaths, Blayde is known to be able to control minds, and I haven't seen a telepath since him, and now you are saying there are two. So I'm going to have to do some digging," Eli says with a bizarre look on his face.

"Regardless, I don't like that you are talking to Spencer; I don't trust him." Forrest grits out.

"Yeah, I agree; how much did you tell him?" Mason adds.