Ch. 2

"Well, she has a mild concussion, so you'll probably have to keep watch on her for at least a week. Probably three weeks." The doctor flipped through the patient's profile on his clipboard as he consulted Harry.

"Well, we can take her in. I mean she's homeless so where else can we keep constant eye on her?" He talked as if I wasn't in the room.

"Oh no. I can't except that offer. It's too much to ask of you guys. You're probably busy people anyways."

"Well, that was our last concert for the next month, so we're not really busy for another three weeks."

"Still, that's too big of a favor for me to ask of you."

"Well, you're not asking... I am. Please come stay... just for a little while? It's Zayn's house and it's really cool. You'll love it."

I already knew the answer. My mind was screaming, Yes, yes! Let's get the hell out of here!, but I didn't want to sound desparete. "How far away is it?" I asked, filling in the delay.

"Well," Zayn said, "it's in England, if that's what you're getting at."

"Where in England?"

They all looked at each other for a while and nodded. "Hampstead."

My mouth hung open. "Hampstead? That's a little far, don't you think?"

"Yes, but we need to keep watch on you and since you aren't necessarily living anywhere, we thought you could come with us." Their faces pleaded to me."Please?"

I contemplated. Should I? What if my mother comes looking for me to say sorry? What are you saying What about my sketchbook and IPod? As I thought, a light bulb flickered above my head. "I'll go."

They cheered. "But, only if you help me get my sketchbook and IPod back from my mom's place."

Their cheering stopped. "How?" Liam asked clearly not liking the plan.

"We'll sneak in through my bedroom window, grab my stuff, and get outta there."

"Won't we get in trouble?" Louis asked.

"Not if we get caught." Their faces told me no, but I wouldn't give up. I made a pouty face and said, Pweeze? Pwetty pweeze?"

They looked at each other again like they were telepathically speaking. Finally, Zayn gave me the answer. "We're in. At least some of us are. Liam, Niall, and Louis don't want to. Is that good enough?"

"Yes. That's fine. As long as we get my stuff."

"So you're moving in? For you know, a week or so."

"I guess so."