52 | With Passion

Start from the beginning

     "I'm a bit disappointed; I'm not gonna lie. But what's done is done. Thankfully the advantages weren't as amazing as I thought it would so it's not really a waste," Max answers before directly looking at Kingston Creed who's also being interviewed just two meters away from him.

     "So you don't think winning that advantage is needed?" the reporter then asks.

     Kingston looks at Max, and Max smirks at him before looking back at the reporter.

     "You know what, I'm actually glad that I didn't get the advantage. Winning the pageant with advantages makes it seem like you only won just because of that. So imagine if you win this, despite not having those advantages, then wouldn't that be more interesting?" Max asks back. Of course he didn't really mean all that, but he just wanted to see how Kingston would react.

     Kingston Creed stares at Max. He was annoyed by what he heard, but he smiles it off as Max stares back at him too.

     "Good luck Mr. Creed. It would be a shame for you to lose with all those advantages your face worked so hard for," Max surprisingly tells him, almost making Kingston's composure break.

     Kingston angrily clenches his fist, but he tries his best to smile it off as he replies, "You too...Sinclaire."

     Max smiles back and eventually takes his leave like nothing happened. He heads to the luxury bus that's being guarded by two large men with shotguns. Inside, you might end up being confused because it looks like a private jet with amazingly comfy seats, which only made sense since all the contestants are elites. It would be a scandal if they used a regular bus.

     "Max!" Someone shouts as soon as he got inside the bus.

     Max looks upfront and sees Nox and the rest of the White Uniforms sitting on their designated seats at the far back.

     "Come sit here!" Nox shouts, pointing at the empty seat beside Asahi, who's silently reading a book beside the window.

     Max smiles at them and sits beside Asahi while Nox and Nicolás sat across them. Nox then looks at Max and seriously tells him, "I know you're not the type of guy to get scolded so openly, but I don't think you should provoke Kingston Creed like that. There's a reason why their school always wins."

     Max sighs and brushes his hair back before looking outside the window where Kingston is still being interviewed. "I know Kingston and I know his capabilities, but he's no king. He might be strong, and he might be a better fighter, but his attitude will drag him down. If he breaks just because of petty provocations then it's his fault, not mine."

     "You talk as if you're any better," Asahi suddenly says without even looking away from the book that he's holding, making Max and the other white uniforms look at him as well.

     "You should be aware that every major event that's happening in the Kings' Castle is being announced in the lower houses. We are aware of the barons' submission to you, and we know your capabilities. But based on everything that we've heard so far, your attitude isn't perfect either," Asahi brutally says, but Max doesn't deny it.

     He nods his head to agree to the statement and answers, "I am fully aware of that. I have overestimated myself; I'm not going to hide that fact. I also know that I've been overconfident and have always thought that everything will bend according to my will. But rest assured, my stay in J.S High has made me realize how small I really am, so there is nothing for you to worry about."

     Asahi puts down his book and looks directly at Max's eyes. "I do hope you're not an 'all bark no bite' kind of guy," he then tells him.

     Max was supposed to ask him what he meant by that when Nicolás suddenly butts in and says, "I'm not really obsessed with someone's attitude like you guys are, but you should still be careful Max. Didn't the Dukes' base get bombed?"