From that day the empty hallways of the lonely palace was filled with the occasional laughter of a child. The atmosphere surrounding the silent palace began to change bit by bit. Little by little, more and more servants were added in the palace. Some worked at the kitchen while some did the job of teachers within the gigantic four walls.
Everything Guang Wang Lei knew, he taught  Guang Ru personally. The things beyond his field of knowledge, teachers were hired to teach Guang Ru. The exception though was that whatever the little guy did not wanted to learn or wasn't interested in learning was never forced onto him. The little guy liked to read and learn. He also liked to play music. Reading and learning was taught to him by Guang Wang Lei. As for Music, it was the job of the teachers to teach the little guy the instruments he wanted to play.
Initially Guang Wang Lei wanted to teach him the art of swordplay but considering that he was still a very young child he decided to teach him that when he grew a little bit older. It wasn't that he wanted to force this on Guang Ru but learning how to defend yourself was very important in this wretched world.

Guang Wang Lei somehow found it funny. They weren't blood related but somehow a strange bond began to form between the two. Guang Ru seemed to like him a lot. Although the child was at a very vulnerable age he was very smart. Initially when their bond was warming up the little guy never addressed him with a title but as months went by he started to call him "Father Wang."
Yup. This child was definitely not a fool.

During these past months a rumour began to spread throughout the capital.

"The next heir to the throne was being personally groomed by the supreme king himself. The young child was dearly loved and cared for by the king, who, had abandoned his harem ages ago."

When the harem members learnt of the fact that the child staying with their husband was the empress's son, they were all enraged and were full of malice and envy. They had seen the red haired child before. It was the child they used to bully and abuse in order to release their anger they had towards the empress, directing it towards the little child. The empress herself abused the child. So they held no fear when abusing that child for release. But now, that same child was accepted by their king, and was living in the same palace as him? They were very envious. Also, the fact that Xing Chu Lin had the permission to see the king everyday made them even more hateful towards her. 

Guang Ru was playing the flute for Guang Wang Lei.

"Father Wang, how was it?" With a face full of anticipation, the little bun asked for his opinion when it was done.

"..." Speaking honestly, it was a total mess. Guang Wang Lei was not the one to speak since he couldn't play it either but everything from the tune to the way Guang Ru blew the flute, it was a total mess. Cough. Cough. 
"Considering you are still a baby I guess it's not that bad." He has been lying a lot these days. This was totally new to him.

"Hehe." Guang Ru had a rather innocent smile on his face, appreciation showing in his eyes.

Creak.

The door opened and someone else entered the room.

"Uncle Yang." Guang Ru exclaimed.

Yang Lu smiled at him. He then turned to his king who was avoiding looking at him.
"Wang Lei, it seems a strange void has appeared at the periphery of stone village in the east."

"Hm. I did hear about it." Sipping tea calmly.

"I have prepared the carriage and the army required to investigate it."
Yang Lu's eyes began to twitch a bit. The carriages and the people he had gathered, they were dispersed by this red haired man sitting befor him, who was acting up as if he did not gave a damn about it.