"What exactly are you talking about?"

"This." Shadow holds up the card in front of Vee, the latter's demeanor changing in a split second.

"Oh my, isn't that an interesting note?" He plasters a shit-eating grin on his face, a challenging glint in his eyes. "Park Dae Ho, getting beaten up into a pulp is nothing. All this time you've been inflicting physical torture on me, but I'll make you helpless, break your already shattered mind, and teach you what a real inferno is. You're go—"

Dae Ho's fist collides with Vee's already marred face, a hand crushing his neck. "Why are you doing this!"

It's one thing after the other and Dae Ho has no idea how long he can keep up the will to fight back. But one thing's for sure, reaching his limit isn't far off. He'd like to deal with whatever it is, as soon as possible, minimizing putting others at risk.

"W-why...because it's fun. Humans are so fickle and easy to break—" he coughs at the pressure on his windpipe. "Such...f-fragile beings. Their emotions cause them their d-doom." The man's face grows a darker shade of red with every passing moment, a mocking curve stretched across his lips.

Shadow pulls Dae Ho harshly and stands in front of him. "He's trying to rile you up and that's exactly what you're giving him. Stop being a fool and let him talk."

Vee chuckles shaking his head. "Shadow-ssi, you're a wise man indeed. Why don't you join us instead?"

"Cut the crap and tell us what this is all about. Why does it have your name on it?"

"I don't know..." Vee replies pensively, "Maybe Dae Ho is going to helplessly watch people dear to him die once again. Just like he did with his poor sister." He cackles, throwing his head on the chair's back.

Dae Ho's blood runs cold at the statement, his nerves rising. The man's not bluffing, he knows from the first-hand experience he received years ago. The thought of losing someone once again makes his stomach churn, instant fear taking over. It's the very reason he lives as a recluse, turning a blind eye to the hands that reach out to him. But even after his constant efforts, in a world of betrayal and bloodshed, ChangMin and Choi Yoon have managed to step into his bubble. People he has accepted as his own just like he considered Minji and Haneul as family. He'd be damned if anything happened to any of them.

"Who'd be the sacrificial lamb, the ones that have their hands dripping with blood or the innocent ones you've left behind?" Vee licks the blood around his mouth, eyes in a daze. "It's unfortunate I'll not be there to see your face when it happens."

Dae Ho's face turns pallid, legs shaky as if someone has pulled the ground from under him. He runs his tongue over his teeth and pokes his cheek, schooling his features the next second. "You'll no—"

"Protect whoever is precious to you, Park. That is if you can." Vee's words are laced with poison, newfound confidence boosting him. "You don't have much time."

"I'm the one you want so just kill me instead." Dae Ho blurts out with determination.

Shadow pulls Dae Ho away from the room before the nonsensical conversation can drag any further. "Calm down and think how we could handle this situation." He says closing the metal door and guiding the younger through the hallway. "And what, 'kill me'?" ChangMin scoffs, a finger jabbing Dae Ho's chest. "The life your sister died protecting, you offered it like it was a piece of candy!"

"What else am I supposed to do! Let someone die in my place, once again?" The fighter's voice is frantic and he throws his hands up in the air. "I'd rather die and be free from whatever the hell this is!"

Nimble fingers smack Dae Ho across the cheek, leaving stinging, angry red marks. "Come and talk to me when you have your head out of your ass," Shadow says with finality and walks off.