- ⅩⅩⅩⅣ -

"Happy birthday,baby."Luca jumped on my neck."Mommy?Where is my daddy?"I sighed."Baby,I promised I'd tell you and I think it's time I tell you about your daddy."

I got him to sit down.I gave him a slice from his cake and started telling him.

"You see,baby,before I learned I was carrying you;I left your daddy."He pouted."Why would you leave my daddy?"I sighed."Because,baby,your daddy lied to me and kept secrets from me."

"Oh...Lying is bad,mommy.You did the right thing."I smiled."I didn't,baby.If I did the right thing,we would be with your daddy from the begining.I didn't tell him about you."

"He doesn't know me?"I nodded."I'm sorry,Luca,but I know that he would've loved you if he had met you."I wiped his mouth as he got chocolate all over himself.

"You see,baby,daddy lied to mommy about mommy's siblings.He also lied to mommy about his age and his family.After mommy learned that your daddy lied to her,I had to leave."

"So,daddy lied to you?"I nodded."I don't like him anymore."I shook my head."Baby,it was so long ago.It was almost five years ago."

"I'm four now!I can choose who I like!"I giggled."Yes,you can,my big boy!"I sighed and my smile faded."Baby,it's time I forgive your daddy for what he did."He sighed.

"Will it stop you from crying yourself to sleep,mommy?"I got him on my lap and held him tight."I didn't know you knew.I'm so sorry,baby.You weren't supposed to know."

"Will it?Will you stop crying?"I shrugged."I cannot know without trying.Do you want to meet your daddy?"He nodded."Only so I can tell him he is not a nice person."

"Believe me,your daddy is the nicest person you could meet if he loves you and he will love you with his entire being.You are the exact copy of him,you know?"

"I look like my daddy?"I nodded."You do."

Luca and I started packing togather.I talked with my boss and I quit my job.We went to the airport."Where do you want to go,miss?"I took a deep breath."Italy,Rome."

We were waiting in line when I saw Damien."Baby,I think I see your uncle Damien.""Can I meet him?"I sighed."Of course,baby."

It's not like I haven't seen him in almost six year!Right?!How hard could it be?!*internally dying from the sarcasm*

I picked up Luca and went over to Damien."Damien?"He turned around."How can I help you?"I smiled."It's me.Cordelia?"He was dumbfounded.

He hugged me tight and squeezed Luca between us in the process."Is he-"I nodded."Armani Luca Moretti,meet Damien Remington,your uncle."

"Hey,uncle Damien."He scoffed."How?!Where is Roman?!"I sighed."He doesn't know.We're actually leaving right now."

"You left him?""He lied to me about Griffin,Fiona,Javier and Alessandro.I didn't know what to do!About three months later,I learned I was pregnant!"

Damien turned to Luca."Hey,buddy.So,how old are you?""I'm four!Yesterday was my birthday!"I giggled."Yes it was!"I peppered him with kisses and made him tickle in the process.

"Uncle Damien?Where are you going?""I was actually going to go see your dad about your mom."Luca turned to me."Mommy,why would uncle Damien go to see daddy about you?"

"You see,baby,when I married your daddy,uncle Damien disagreed with me.We faught and...I haven't seen him since."Luca's eyes widened."Whoa!So..."

He started counting his fingers."I'm four.You married daddy a year before I was born.So...Five years?"I smiled."I bet your teacher is proud of you!"

"You homeschool me,mommy."I smirked."I know.But,baby,you forgot a whole year that I carried you inside me.So it makes...""Six years?"I nodded."Exactly,baby.Give mommy a kiss."

He kissed me and hugged my neeck tightly."I'm in the first class.Sit with me?"I sighed."Sure.However,I did get-"He cut me off."So who cares?"

We sat with Damien and we went to Rome."So,what are you going to do now?"I sighed."I'm going to go find a job.A place to live too.And hopefully talk to Roman as soon as I can."

"How about this?We stay togather,I got the expenses.You can tell me everything from the start.What do you say?"I nodded."That'd be way easier.Thanks,Felix."

"It's Damien!"I turned to Luca and we both giggled."Yeah...We believe you,uncle Felix."Damien turned to me."See what you did now?!"I sighed.

"All jokes aside,I need to use your phone."He handed me his phone."Why?""Basilio.I let him know,just in case something happens to me or Luca."

"Maybe you should call him after you settle down."I nodded."Seems it's for the best."I picked up Luca and Damien helped me with our suitcases.

We came to his place and I saw Zane."Zane?""Cordelia?!"I scoffed."You look...like you're a mother now."I smiled."And I hope you are not a cheater anymore."

He opened his mouth but I stopped him."Hey,it's all good.It was years ago."He sighed in relief."Is Ruby here?"Zane smirked."She is.Let me call her."He went further into the mansion to find her.

"Sweetie,it's getting late.You didn't sleep in the plane either.Let's tuck you in,what do you say?"He nodded as he rubbed his eyes."Oh my baby's tired."

I took him to our room and tucked him in."Could you sing me,mommy?"I smiled widely."My big boy asks ever so politely,how can I decline?!"He giggled."Thank you,mommy."

"All of my life,I thought I was right.Looking for something new.Stuck in my ways,like old-fashioned days.But all the roads led me to you."

"The house that you live in don't make it a home.But feeling lonely don't mean you're alone.People in life, they will come and they'll leave.But if I had a choice I know where I would be."

"Through the lows and the highs, I will stay by your side.There's no need for goodbyes, now I'm seeing the light.When the sky turns to grey and there's nothing to say.At the end of the day, I choose you."

I sang over and over again until I knew he was asleep.I got out of the bedroom."Lia?""Ruby!"I hugged her tight."Hey,sweetie!"We broke the hug.

"You cut your hair,I wouldn't have recognized you if I didn't know it was you!"I smiled."It was hip length and I thought,why the fuck not?So I cut it above my shoulders."

I turned to Damien."Basilio."He handed me his phone and I called Basilio."Damien Remington.What do I owe the pleasure?"

"Basilio?""Yes?"I sighed in relief."It's me,Cordelia?"He cleared his throat."Oh,I see.Well,you should check in with your guys about that."

"He's with you,I am guessing.""Yes,yes that is true."I waited as he babbled about some business stuff that I already know about.He left Roman's side and called me again.

"Sorry about that.So,what can I do for ya?!"I smiled."First of all,that payment was pretty good from Damien.The books are clear because I am still the fucking accountant."

"Well,he fucking doesn't know that.Second of all?"I sighed."I'm in Rome with Luca."He started caughing."You what?!Why would you do that?!"

"He wants to meet Roman.I promised him last year that I'd take him to Roman this year.I broke one promise,I'm not breaking another one.I've forgiven him long ago.I was just..."

"You were terrified of how he could've reacted.Well,you need to learn that by seeing him."I nodded."I'm with Damien for now.I just wanted to let you know as always."

"I appreciate it.Does Luca want anything?"I shook my head."He's asleep now.I'll ask him tomorrow,alright?"He sighed."Sure.Oh God,Roman will adore that kid."

"I sure hope so.Bye.""Bye,Lia."I gave the phone back to Damien."Thanks.For letting us stay and for letting me use your phone to call him."

"No problem.Come here."I hugged him and he hugged me back."I should've let you love him.We never would've seperated.Not again."I nodded."I should've come to you sooner too."

"I missed you,you little shit.""I missed you too,Felix."