- ⅩⅩⅫ -

I don't know how to feel.I feel as if the last seven months of my life was a lie.Not to mention the one nights we spent togather in our pasts.

I called Nora.I got dressed first and met up with her later.I wore this red shiny dress with two splits.It has a wide open back and it is gorgeous.

It has a wide open back and it is gorgeous

I went to talk to Nora.I got Roman's father too."I'm going to make this short.Is it true about Javier and Alessandro?That our families don't get along because of the losses?"

I turned to Nora as Mr.Moretti rolled his eyes at me.Fucker."Mom,I just want to know the full truth.Roman was still young and I need to know everything."

"Alright.""I can't with your emotion bull crap."Mr.Moretti walked out and Nora made me sit down.

"Your mother and I have been friends for a long time.Your older brother,Griffin,and my son,Javier,were best friends too.Griffin had just turned 16 and they went for a drive."

"Griffin did a wrong turn and the car crashed.Griffin instantly died but Javier made it to the hospital.However,they still couldn't save my son."

"Fiona,your sister,didn't take it well.Nor did Alessandro.Years later,when you were three,Alessandro ran away from home.We found out later on why he ran away."

"He came to United States to kill Fiona.Your father suspected our family and you guys came here.Damien and you didn't take it well.We had to lock up Alessandro because of how savage he got."

"One day,while you two were here,he came and pushed you.If it wasn't for Roman,you would've hit your head and have a serious concussion.You got away with a scar."

"Guards locked him back up.Turns out that day was your birthday.Roman told you his side so I don't need to explain that part to you."I nodded."No you don't."

"Well,your mother and I didn't really talk after that.Roman grew up and he was still madly in love with you.The night that Roman killed Alessandro,Alessandro was after you."

"Me?"She nodded."He uhm...He was...He was sick in the head after Javier.He didn't take it well and he didn't heal.He just opened his wound further."

"Roman tracked him in LA.He immediately left Rome.He shot him right before Alessandro pulled the triger to kill you.He took his promise really seriously.He still does."

"Lying to me about his age?Lying about our family histories?Keeping secrets from me?I thought he loved me.I am opening up to him with time.I try to tell him things because he wanted me to."

"And that's good!""Mrs.Moretti,I cannot start a family with someone who doesn't even tell me things.Things I'm supposed to know!Tonight,I'll be at the ball.But then I'm leaving."

"To where?""I haven't decided yet.I'm not going to tell Roman just yet.I hope you respect that."I left and came to the ball hall."Can we talk?""No."He nodded."Yeah,we're talking."

We came to his office and he locked the door behind us."What?""What?!That's your question?!What the hell was that supposed to mean?!"

"It means,I don't know what to do anymore!I talked with your mother and-"He cut me off."You're not calling her mom or Nora."I nodded."Well,that was when I trusted her."

"I LOVE YOU!""Roman,I'm sorry,but I don't think I know how I feel about you anymore.I wish I can just forgive you or forget about it.However,I cannot do that."

"So what are you going to do?Divorce me?"I shook my head."No.I just need time.""TIME?!What does that even mean?!"I scoffed."It means,I need to think it through!"

"If you loved me you would've forgiven me!""I HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT LOVE YOU,ROMAN!"I sighed."I wish I could forgive you.I wish it was that easy."

"It is that easy.""Really?Let me tell you a few things I was planning on telling you later."

"Go on."

"I was abused,you know that.Wanna know the details?Easy.He would lock me up in a room with no windows.He would tie me up and kick me or slap me until I passed out.For six months!"

"My parents verbally abused me every day,I was made to believe that I was worthless.I had to fix myself!They did more yelling to me than they did to Damien!"

"My middle school boyfriend,we were in 6th grade for fuck's sake,he cheated on me with five other girls!I got cheated on multiple times!I had so many other painful break ups!"

"I drank,basically,nothing but vodka for two years straight because of how hard I was being on myself because of how useless and worthless I felt!"

"I went through that hoe phase for a whole year!Partying to distract myself!I got alcohol poisoning five times in six months!After that,I leanred how to control myself or I would lose my liver!"

"I basically can't go a day without having a mental breakdown because I cannot feel happy although I have a great life!I had you!I had Nora!I had Enzo and Ruby!But I'm losing it,Roman!"

I scoffed and took a minute to wipe my tears away."But I don't anymore.Thanks for keeping things from me.Thanks for making it extremely clear that last seven months was nothing but an illusion!"

"I'm leaving,Roman.I have to.I want nothing from you,really.But you may consider us seperated during this period of time.If I were to forgive you,I will find you."

"And if you were to fall in love with someone else,at least I'll be happy for them.Because they won't have these secrets to deal with.If you were to want a divorce,I'll understand."

"Don't leave me again,Adele.You left me when you were a baby.You left me when you were four.You left me when you were 13.Now you're leaving me,again!How much more do you think I can take?!"

"You don't have to wait for me,Roman.You kept things from me and it's my fault that I cannot process it all.It's my fault that I cannot forgive you right away."

"Don't walk out of here!Don't you dare!"I took a deep breath."I have no other choice.I hurt you,you hurt me.You did something and I couldn't forgive you."

"I'll leave but you shouldn't leave!Tell me where you're going!I promise I won't come for you!Just tell me where you'll be going!"

I went over to him and hugged him by the waist."Forget what I said.I love you.I know exactly how I feel.That doesn't mean I can stay."He kissed me and I couldn't hold it back.

I kissed him too.His hands went to the zipper of my dress."Don't.""I have to have you if you're leaving."I sobbed and let him pull the zipper down.

Round after round...I woke up before he did.I went to the manor as the ball had ended long ago."Cordelia!"I turned to see Mario."Hey.""Where were you last night?"

"I had to talk with Roman.Why?""She stayed.My mother even liked her after the two met.My father will eventually like her too!"I hugged him."I'm so happy for you Mario."

I came to the bedroom we stayed in and I packed up my stuff.I left the devices he gave me on the nightstand.I got rid of everything he could find me on.

I wrote Roman a letter.I had to.He's going to wake up again like that one night.He's not going to be able to find me and I will be the one who left,again.

It's time for me to leave.I don't even know if I'll come back.