- Ⅰ -

Imagine falling for your brother's enemy.Now,imagine spending one night with him the day before you leave.That is sort of what I did.

The night before I left to educate myself abroad,I was spending the night in the building he lived in.I wasn't there to see him!I was there to see my best friend.

But the elevator stopped at his floor first and I never made it to my best friend's house."Cordelia Adele Remington.What are you doing here?"

Just because he's in high school and I just graduatedmiddle school,doesn't mean he can say my name as if I did something to him.He can't question me."Jealous?"

"Me?Jealous of what?""It is a matter of whom you are jealous of.Not,what."He smirked."Why so cocky?"I rolled my eyes."I can see why my brother hates you,you know?"

"Oh,and why does he hate me this much?"I nodded."Snobby,arrogant,too aggres-"Before I could even finish the damn sentence,he pulled me to himself by my wrists and they hurt.

"Maybe I am aggressive.What are you going to do about it?"I looked at him up and down and damn,I couldn't stop myself from biting my lip.

However,I didn't expect him to look down to my lips and continue to stare at them.How long is this elevator ride?!"When you do that...It make me want to try and get a taste,Remington."

"You wish.""I do but I know I don't have to.One night wouldn't bother you,now,would it?"I scoffed."One night?I'm sorry?Do I look like one of your whores?Or a booty call?"

"Nah,you're far more interesting."He let go of my hands and kissed me.He didn't only take my first kiss but he also took my v-card that night.

Did I regret it?Not really.Would I dare to do it again?No!A second time opportunity never appeared anyways.

After he was asleep,I snuck out without his parents seeing me.I came home to my parents and without disturbing anyone,I got to my bed.

I had that little crush on him back then.Do I have that same crush after over 9 years.No,I don't.I really don't.I was supposed to come back almost two years ago,but I got a good internship.

It was paid and I earned good.I stayed for my own resumé,my own entertainment and my own joy.I don't regret it.I have traveled a lot of places.

I finished every 2 years of my education in another another country.Even my internship was in another country.I've been to five countries.

I have been to Spain,Italy,Russia,Korea and France.I know Spanish,Italian,Russian,Korean,French.They were all fantastic!

But,it is time to come back home.After almost a decade,it is time to come back home.I called my brother and he took his time answer.Not like I just came back after a decade!

"Who is it?""I think you would care enough to save your little sister's number,Felix."He scoffed."It's Damien,Lia!My driver should be there anyways!"

He hung up on me and I saw my brother's driver,holding a little miniture white board with my name on it."Ms.Remington?""That'd be me."He nodded."I will drive you to your apartment."

We got in the car."My apartment?""Penthouse,actually.Your brother got it for you.He designed it to his liking but it looks really good if I am allowed to present my opinion."

"You are allowed to but...I thought I would stay with him.You know?I haven't seen his stupid face for 10 years.Well,almost.There is only three months to mark the decade."

"Well,Ms.Remington,may I?"I nodded."You may."He looked at me through the mirror.

"I'm sure your brother will come around.If it is as you say,and I am not calling you anything insulting,he should miss you so much."

I smiled."Thank you.I couldn't catch your name.""It's Marcel,Ms.Remington."I flashed him a big smile."Well,it is very nice to meet you."

We pulled over by the penthouse's building and we had to walk through a club."Are you sure we are the right location,Marcel."He nodded.

"Club owner is your next door neighbor and a friend of Mr.Remington himself."I sighed."So,this is his way of keeping me under his control.Putting me above a night club.Alright!"

We went up to my side of the penthouse and I could hear the ladies in the bedroom,screaming."Marcel,get me out of here!"

"I am so sorry,Ms.Remington.Let me talk to him."I started unpacking while he left to talk to my neighbor.I even got to change out of my clothes and take a shower in the mean time.

I wore a silk nightwear with laces at the ends.It was tawny brown shades silk and I loved how it went with my skin.I wore the shorts as summer had started.

"Miss!Your neighbor wants to meet you!"I rolled my eyes

"Miss!Your neighbor wants to meet you!"I rolled my eyes."Coming,Marcel!"I came out of my room and found a tall,good looking stranger in my living room.

"Cordelia Remington,pleasure to meet you."I extended my hand but he didn't even attempt to shake it."Uhm...Ok.Well,you met me,I don't think you want to stay anymore."

"No,I don't."Then he left."Marcel?""He's not good with ladies other than in the bedroom,miss.Probably the reason why."I nodded."Thanks."

We turned to each other."Well,I must leave.It is getting late."I nodded."Alright.Can I ask you for one last thing,Marcel?"He nodded."Of course,miss."I smiled.

"Could you ask the gentleman from before if I could get a job interview as a live singer?I need to get a job and if singing works out,I won't look for something else."

"If it doesn't work out?""I have many places to send my resumé to.Don't worry about me Marcel.And,tell my brother to visit.I uhm...I really missed him."He nodded.

"I will.Good night,Ms.Remington.""Good night,Marcel."I went back inside and changed out of my pjs.I know he wants to look out for me.I saw Marcel text too much!

I changed into a red bralette and red silk high-waisted mini skirt.I did a messy bun with my hair and wore my red heels.

I wore red lipstick and red eyeliner to match it all up

I wore red lipstick and red eyeliner to match it all up.I went downstairs to party!I ordered a blackberry tequila spritzer and fell in love with it!

I tried every red drink they had and it wasn't that much.I had so much fun.But I knew it was time to go back home.So I got in the elevator and look who I bump into!

My weird next door neighbor!You really fucked yourself up,haven't you?""Oh,I am hammered!But fuck it,it was so much fun."The elevator opened and I went inside my house.

That weirdly gave me some deja vu!Meh!Who cares?!I had fun tonight!