- ⅩⅨ -

We put the cake in the oven and I started mixing the cream ingredients."You really didn't need any help."I nodded."I appreciate failure unlike my parents.It means you tried."

"Failure is good if you know how to learn from it.I learned that the hard way,Mrs.Mor-Sorry.Nora."She smiled."Hard way or not,it's a valuable lesson."

"It is.One that everybody should know."She sighed."Cordelia-"I cut her off."Just Lia is fine."She put her arm around my shoulders."Can I ask you something?"I nodded."Sure."

"What happened that he did so much for you?"I sighed."He didn't tell you?Though,he did tell me after 20 years.I remembered it barely but I did."

"I want to know why.Could you?"I sighed and put the bowl aside."When my parents came here,I think he meant Giovanni,his brother pushed me and I got this tiny scar on my knee."

"He took care of my scar and then he learned it was my birthday.He got me this velvet cupcake with whipped cream and a cherry on top.We talked till late at night that day."

"But when-"Then I realised that even I didn't know I remembered this much.I continued regardless."But when I fell asleep,my father's driver carried me to my parents."

"That night,I left him without knowing I did.Although,I really had the best birthday that year.But the reason he never gave up on me was because he made me a promise."

"What promise?"

"When I got hurt because of Giovanni's actions towards me and Roman fixed me up,I asked him to be my protector.He promised he would be.Then I blew out the candle he lit for me."

"I wished that we would never stay apart and that he would always be there to protect me.He asked me what my wish was and not beliving the bullshit,I told him."

"He held his promise and he found me.We met again but he and my brother became rivals.They still are,to be honest.That's why I stayed away.That and I didn't remember him as he changed so much over the years."

"Before I left to live and learn abroad,we uhm...we were togather.But I left.This time,knowingly but unwillingly because I loved him back then.I tried to forget him so much."

"It was truly useless because I ended up being his neighbor when I came back.At first,I didn't recognize him.Again like I did in middle school.I knew he felt familiar but...I just couldn't see it."

"For six months,we always had to be around each other because he was working with my brother and his team.I had literally no friends so I hung out with my brother's friends."

"He didn't tell me until it marked a decade from that one night that we knew each other.As he yelled and reminded me,the more clear it all began to look."

"About a week ago,on my 24th birthday,he kidnapped me because I refused to meet up with him.But once I entered,I ran away.He caught me again and then I never left.I didn't want to."

She smiled."He's happy.He friggin smiled for God's sake!I see the way he looks at you and I'm thinking 'it was all worth it'."I smiled."I'm glad you think that way,Nora."

"You can call me mom if you want.I just said Nora because Mrs.Moretti makes me sound way older than I am."I smiled and whispered."I personally enjoy being called that."

She smirked."You're like the daughter I never had."Then the oven chimed."It's ready!"I took it out and while it cooled off,I made the cream.I decorated it too.With strawberries and blueberries!

"What do you think,Nora?Sorry.What do you think,mom?"She hugged me and sniffled.I hugged her back.Suddenly,Roman cleared his throat and we both pulled it togather.

"Is this the cake?"Nora and I both giggled and wiped our tears."Yeah.And believe me,she missed nothing!The entire kitchen is spotless for God's sake!"

"It was you,who cleaned.I told you to not worry but you told me it was better than sitting around!"She shrugged."Anyways.Leave me some.I want to eat.Bye for now."

They winked at each other in front of me and I was left clueless."So?What do you think?"He started eating it."I normally don't eat chocolate but this is just God sent just like you."

I blushed."Thank my memory,I memorized the recipe.I don't know how but I did."We ate the cake and left some for Gio,Enzo and Nora too.

"We're leaving next week for LA.Then,we're leaving for our honeymoon.During this week,I'm going to train you and I apologize in advance."I shrugged.

"You cannot be worse than Pedro.Which,now that I think about it,whom you might know.Pedro Gonzalez?"He scoffed."Like Viktor,of course they found you."

"I went to Spain for my freshmen and sophmore years.I have a lot of friends from his crew.Besides,Damien started being valuable at 20.I was 17 when he was 20.Meaning..."

He didn't continue."Meaning I was a senior and he was a junior in collage!Everything began after my first year in Italy.So Pedro's friendship was real."

"How could I be not worse than Pedro?""Because he trained me for two years!Last time I saw him was my trip to Barcelona after my first year of internship in Paris.So like...A year and a half."

"So you know how to fight?"I nodded."Don't think that because I act like a toddler I am a toddler.As I said,it's an act.I'm not good with guns but I know how to catch a thrown knife."

"Excuse you?"He scoffed and then smirked."That's my wife."He picked me up and hopped me."I ate too much cake.I might puke."He looked at me with his empty impression.

It may look empty but I know it's filled with pride,love,joy and amusement.Making him proud feels better than I thought it would make me feel.

I could see it all in his eyes."I don't know a lot about guns,you can teach me that if you want.I'd love that.""Go get ready.I already laid out your training outfits."

He put me down and I went to the door.However,I ran back at him and kissed him before I actually left to change.

However,I ran back at him and kissed him before I actually left to change

We got in the car and the driver started driving.I did my ponytail and it was tight and high.Just how I like it."What else do you know?Or who else were you involved in,like Pedro?"

"There was this DK.I dated him for a while.Also with Pedro.What's with me and my attraction to dangerous life leading alpha males?Seriously,I have issues."

"By any chance this DK is Jung-Ho Takashi?"I nodded."Not really a good guy.I dumped him and the guy hit me.I got a restriction order and he got into prison for two years."

He started laughing."Do you know how many enemies he gained because his jobs got delayed?I hated that guy for being late on shipment.Turns out it was you.I'm not mad anymore.Not for that reason,at least.I'm going to kill him for touching you."

We came to the gun range and I got his hand."Hey,it was years ago.I'm over it.It happened once and after months of theraphy,I was fine."

"Yeah,did it happen?Yes.That's all I need."