Chapter 24: Comforting

Start from the beginning

“I’m so sorry, Hiccup...” Anna said, breaking the silent.

Hiccup replied none.

 Instead, he walked down the hall, going towards the elevator. Me and Anna followed him down, giving each other a glance, in sign that we both knew nothing on how to deal with a sad Hiccup. When we arrived at the front of the elevator, Hiccup pressed the button to open up the elevator.

A moment later, the door opened, revealing Hiccup’s mother!

Hiccup remained silent first, then he shed tears.

“M-mom...”

They both hugged each other, not caring to the elevator whatsoever. Anna and I remained silent, watching the sad moment. I could see Hiccup crying on his mom’s chest, gritting his teeth.

Hiccup’s mother glanced at both of us, giving that sad smile on her lips.

“How’s your father?” Hiccup’s mom whispered in a comforting tone.

“.... The doctor is taking care of him. Hopefully h-he’s gonna be fine.” Hiccup replied, still hugging his mom.

“Good. Now Hiccup...” His mom pulled off, looking at her son eyes on eyes. “Because of your father’s condition, I’ll be staying overnight in the Hospital. Could you take care of the house?”

“S-sure... No problem.”

“And girls...” hearing the word “girls” made me looked up to her, including Anna.

“Yes, Mrs. Haddock?”

“You’ll be always more than welcomed in my house, if you’d like.”

I smiled at hearing this, so did Anna. “Thank you, Mrs. Haddock.”

 After this, we all separated off. Hiccup’s mother whispered something at Hiccup before she left off, which I didn’t know what it was. We entered the elevator, Hiccup pushed down the 1st floor button, and the door slowly closed. The last thing I saw was Hiccup’s mother sitting down on a couch in front of room number 419.

I think about Hiccup’s mother allowing me to come over her house in the elevator. She might be meaning about something else behind this, maybe she’s allowing me to... stay in her house? I couldn’t tell but...

I’d like to.

 I could comfort Hiccup in his house, since his father got a lung cancer. Anna could stay as well. But Hiccup would have to cook for us if we stayed... I can cook! Wait... there’s a homework. Screw homework, I’m doing this for Hiccup. But what if Hiccup refused to? I guess, it’s worth a shot?

“Hiccup?”

“...Hmm?”

“.......Could we stay in your house?” I looked down, waiting for his response.

 “Wait what?” Anna suddenly burst in. I looked up to her, giving a “I know what I’m doing!” look on my face. She just remained silent, still a bit confused.

“Like my mom said, you’ll be more than welcomed to in my house. And you’ve stayed in my house before, right? Why not for the second time?” he rolled his eyes onto mine, smiling.

I smiled back, “Thanks! I’ll make sure I won’t be a troublesome.”

 The elevator’s door opened up, as we walked out. Anna mouthed, “What are you doing?”, I mouthed “I can explain” back. Hiccup and I separated while we walked out the hospital. Apparently, Hiccup parked his bike in the basement, meanwhile I parked my car on the parking slot of the hospital. After Hiccup went to the basement, Anna poked my back.