67

Acacia and I were sitting on the river bank. Acacia rested her head on my lap as I played with her hair. I was amazed at how intricate the braids in her hair were. I traced the braids and I tried to commit them to memory, so I could emulate them when we eventually go home. Acacia's eyes were closed as she enjoyed the head massage I began giving her.

"Pupu?" I hummed a reply to her. "Do you think differently of me?" She looked up at me. I tilted my head since I didn't know what she meant. "I- you were my first." She sat up. "Call me old fashioned, but I never had a desire to sleep with anyone who wasn't my partner for life." She sighed. "And then with Jethro- it was more times than we've been intimate."

"I don't think differently of you." I cupped her face. "I love you with all my heart, Aqua... and that's not gonna change. It's taking me every ounce of control not to murder that bastard." I clenched my jaw. "Just knowing that he still breathes makes my blood boil." I mutter.

"Thank you." She hugged me. "But, I also did something that I'm- I don't know how to feel." She averted her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I gently pushed her face towards mine.

"Jethro refused to... he didn't believe in the pull out method." She looked down. "I couldn't even picture carrying his offspring, so I had Tgeorina make liquids that would be terminal to fetuses. I'm not saying that I was pregnant because I have no idea. I just wanted to take all precautions." She teared up. "I-"

"I'm so sorry." I hugged her tight, causing her to cry into me. "You had to deal with emotional trauma because of him. And I was too late!" I was angry at myself. "I shouldn't have-"

"My mom had me indirectly poison you." She muttered. "I could've killed you, Zena! You're the love of my life and I almost killed you!" She clung onto my shirt. "How can you ever trust me again?" She looked down.

"It wasn't by your fruition. You had no idea. If you had known-"

"I'm so sorry for everything, Zena. I poisoned you and then I betrayed you." Acacia hysterically cried. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She brokenly whispered.

"I trust you with my entire being." She looked up. "I trust you more than myself." I chuckled. "I love you." I grabbed her face and deeply kissed her. "I'll always trust you, my ethereal elf."

X

It's been about a week that we've been in the elf realm. Acacia needed time before she could mentally prepare to see her friends. Acacia was aware that they knew/ suspected what happened to her. It was bittersweet to be in the elf realm since it was both beautiful and horrendous. The natural beauty of the realm concealed the vile actions that took place in the palace.

Acacia's mother, Queen Ingrid, privately spoke to Acacia about the things her daughter wanted. Everyone was surprised that the Queen agreed for another sibling to be heir. Well, they also attributed it to her fear of me... the tribrid or Lara's daughter going apeshit. I was about to tell them that I'd never do that to Acacia's family, but the girl stopped me. She wanted her family to have a healthy fear of me. I rolled my eyes and allowed her to play up my strengths.

Acacia's father, Erikson, actually liked me. He wanted to know the person his favorite child loved. Erik taught me the bow and arrow (I may or may not have accidentally shot Kai in the foot). It was also fun to learn sword fighting techniques from him. Erik also told me that elven weapons were highly desired due to the quality of their materials.

I was currently in the kitchens trying to teach Freja and Kai how to make pasta! Freja had no idea what the food was, so I had to explain in grave detail about the dish. Freja looked like a deer in headlights. Finn laughed as he entered with a basket of eggs. Hailey was right behind him with some flour.