48

I had to endure Acacia humiliating me in front of the entire class. She made a big deal about working with me. She then demanded that the nerdy looking boy switch places with her. Nico tried to interject, but Acacia's glare froze him in place. The booger picking boy sat next to me while Acacia sat next to Tatia.

Tatia actually sent me a pitiful look. I ignored her and turned to Daryl? He gave me a shy smile, so I smiled back. I was hoping he could control his urge to pick his nose. The spell we were performing was a bit complicated for the average spellcaster. I noticed Acacia was struggling to perform the spell. She was getting angry and taking her anger out on Tatia. The two friends soon began arguing.

I turned around and focused on Daryl. I gave him tips to employ when doing the spell. Daryl smiled and incorporated my tips. I smiled as he successfully performed the spell. The class turned and clapped since he was the first one to actually complete the spell. I noticed Acacia's jealous face. She immediately ripped her eyes from me. I sighed and easily did the spell.

"Well, I didn't expect you guys to complete it so quickly." I looked up at Nico. "I don't have anything else planned since it'll probably take the rest of class until the other students will finish. You guys are free to stay or leave."

Daryl and I smiled at Nico. Nico went to assist another table. Daryl waved bye to me and said he was glad to have me as his new partner. I smiled and said I looked forward to working with him. I then saw Daryl stiffen. I turned around to see Acacia sending daggers at Daryl. Daryl squeaked and ran out the room. I rolled my eyes and packed my stuff up. I refused to give Acacia the time of day, so I left the room.

I didn't want to go back to my dorm since that'd be boring. I saw the time and realized my other friends would still be in class. Welp, guess it's time to harass Hailey. I know she's in class... vampire history to be exact. I was always curious about what they taught in the class, but Hailey said she didn't pay attention since she WAS vampire history.

I walked to the room and saw the teacher was lecturing. His back was turned, so I teleported into the seat next to Hailey. She obviously saw me since she turned to me.

"What are you doing here?" Hailey hissed at me.

"Acacia refused to work with me and left to work with Tatia. I quickly finished the spell with Daryl, so Nico said we could leave. I didn't want to go back to our room, so I came here." I whispered back.

"Unbelievable." She rolled her eyes.

"What are we even learning?"

"Boring vampire history." Hailey grumbled.

Since we were in break out groups, Hailey and I were chatting about how I could get Acacia back. She was thinking that I do something low key since Acacia was always used to grand gestures. I was about to ask Hailey for some ideas, but a student loudly spoke.

"Professor." The professor turned to the student. "Since we are learning about vampire history and this is talking about the different realms... can we discuss the royal vampire family?" The teacher arched a brow at the kid.

"Come on, teach." He then turned to another boy. "Tell us about the horrors of the late vampire king?"

"And Lara!" A girl shouted. "I want to hear about her!"

"Isn't she supposed to be unbelievably hot?" A guy asked. "Oh, the things I'd love to do to her." He began simulating sex with his fingers. I grimaced in disgust at that guy.

"And sadistic." A girl said in disgust.

"Hot and sadistic... definitely my type." A sleezy guy said. "Wonder if she's wild in bed." He began fist bumping another guy.