4

Mila = Mum

Lara = Maman

I was gazing out the window at the beautiful ocean. My maman said that her aunts always loved the oceanic beauty, so they made sure the school was next to the sea. I asked why I hadn't met my grand-aunts sooner. Hailey chuckled and made herself comfier in the seat.

My maman sighed and told me that they hadn't had contact in centuries. The last time they saw my maman, she was still sadistic and not the person she is today. So basically, they have no idea that she changed. I detected my maman's aura and realized that she was nervous. She didn't know how they'd take to her.

My maman was actually grateful Hailey was here. Hailey rolled her eyes and told me that my grand-aunts always like Alena. They pitied my grandmother for how their brother would treat her. I gasped when we got closer to the building. It was massive and beautiful. It definitely screamed exclusive and expensive.

We drove through the beautiful gardens. The driver then stopped at the steps.

"Wait here. I'll come back and direct you." The driver nodded at my maman. "Well, let's head inside."

"They are expecting us, right?" I spoke up.

"Ummm..." Hailey and my maman looked at each other.

"You didn't tell them?!"

"Let's just hope they like surprises." My maman smiled and began walking.

The moment we walked inside, a group of men sped to us. I'm assuming they're the security here. They tried to apprehend us, so my maman quickly took them out. Hailey rolled her eyes at my maman's smug demeanor. She walked to the groaning guard and knelt next to him.

"Sorry, we're new. Do you know the way to the headmaster's office?" He was about to respond, but a voice cut him off.

"No need."

Our eyes shifted to a brunette. She had sharp features and her brown eyes cut through my maman. She snapped and motioned for us to follow her. My maman smirked and stepped over the fallen security. I gulped and walked after her. We walked up the staircase and traveled down the extensive halls. Finally, we reached the room.

We entered the office of another brunette woman. She looked up in confusion. Her eyes then narrowed at my maman. Our guide then took out her phone to call another person. The woman behind the desk was watching us intently the entire time. My maman motioned for me to sit down. She then walked around the room until she found the hidden alcohol. Much to my aunts' annoyance, my maman helped herself. Hailey rolled her eyes and sat next to me. The other woman soon joined us. She looked similar to the one sitting behind the desk.

"I suggest you start speaking." Our guide spoke to my maman.

"Is that the way to speak to your niece, auntie?" My maman teased. "I need a favor." She took a sip of the wine.

"Why would we help you?" The one behind the desk spoke up.

"How much have you kept up with my life?" The three women rolled their eyes. "Zena over there is my daughter." Their heads shifted to me. I sank deeper into the couch from the intensity of their gazes.

"Why is this the first time we're meeting her?" The one who came last asked.

"Because we weren't exactly on speaking terms, now were we?" My maman questioned my gran-aunts. "Zena meet you gran-aunts... Bridgette, Francesca, and Josephine."