57

True to Kiki's words, Nyx demanded we begin finding our friends the moment she woke up. She wouldn't even allow me to have breakfast and that's the most important meal of the day! Ken chuckled and dragged me up. Acacia had me stop, so she could jump on my back. Kiki and Erana laughed about me being whipped. I hummed a response while Acacia laughed.

We walked up a mountain to see a demon camp below. My eyes widened at the prisoners in the camp. I got excited when I saw Nat and Naomi. There were a few dozen other demons chained, but we found them. Acacia jumped off my back and pulled me out of their view.

"So what do we do now?" Ken asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" We shook our heads at Kiki. "We go down and blow shit up!" Her and Erana high fived.

"That sounds like the worst plan ever." Acacia spoke.

"Even I have to agree with her." Nyx and Acacia locked eyes. "You must have a better plan?" Nyx practically begged Kiki.

"How else do you plan on freeing your friends? Are you planning on walking down there and asking them to let the two girls leave? I'll happily watch that play out." Kiki chuckled and leaned against the wall.

"Is there a more subtle approach?" I spoke up.

"Plant a bomb and run away!" Erana said. "And watch the place go boom!" She waved her arms around. I chuckled along with Kiki, which earned me an elbow to the ribs. I groaned while Acacia glared at me.

"There are hundreds of demons down there. There's no way we can fight them off. We'll be overpowered." Ken voiced her doubts.

"Those demons are waiting for one of Lilitu's guardsmen to meet them. We also don't have much time until the alarm is sounded about their presence." Kiki pointed at Nyx and Ken. "If they slip up in hiding their auras, Lilitu will send an army to capture them." She then turned to the angels. "No pressure." She taunted.

I felt Acacia drag me over to a crack in the rocks. We peered at the camp and tried to think of the best plan of attack. I was wondering if I could use my magic to create a diversion while-

"Fine, then." Kiki loudly groaned. Acacia and I turned to look at her. "Kennedy and Nyx don't like my extravagant plan, so I'll do it myself..." Erana then cleared her throat. "With my lovely Erana's help." Erana smirked and shoved Kiki. "Zena!" I hummed at her. "I'm way stronger than you, so watch and learn kiddo." She saluted me before disintegrating into the air.

"Where'd she go?" I asked Erana.

"Watch the campsite." She pointed past me.

I rolled my eyes, but took Acacia's hand in mine. We sat on the side of the cliff and dangled our legs over the edge. Acacia, Erana, and I were relaxed while Ken and Nyx were annoyed by Kiki's flamboyance.

The dusk sky quickly darkened as well as dark clouds appeared. The demons looked around at the sudden rumbling of thunder. They quickly got up and retrieved their weapons. I wonder what Kiki's planning on doing. I conjured up some popcorn and offered Acacia some. She happily took some and munched away. I offered some to the others, but Erana was the only one to eat it. The angels fanned me away since they were intensely watching what Kiki was planning on doing.

Lightning began flashing across the sky. My eyes widened when lightning bolts began raining down from the sky. The demons screamed as they were electrocuted to death or incapacitated. What was also freaky was the dark smoke that spread across the campsite. The demons were terrified as corpse-like hands shot up from the mist and dragged them under the smoke.