Clair rolled her eyes. "Go find your friends already. I invited them to stay for dinner."

"I figured." I mumbled, looking at the large pot boiling if the stove.

I started to search the house and found everyone else in the sitting room. Silver was sitting  on one couch while Red sat on the other. I sat down next to Red since it was the only spare seat. Silver narrowed his eyes at us but didn't say anything. I just stuck my tongue out at him, again.

Is it just me or do I do that to often?

Na.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked having missed most the conversation already.

"Our favourite gym battles." Red answered with a shrug. "What yours?"

"Mine?" I thought about. So many different gyms, some were harder than others, the gym leaders all reacted differently... Okay I know. "It would have to be Giovanni." I smirked. "He was soooo pissed when I showed up wanting a badge and even more so when I defeated him. Now that, was fun."

"Wish I could have seen that." Silver chuckled.

"Dinner's up." Clair called making me bolt to the dining room faster than an Extreme Speed.

Clair chuckled and handed me my plate. "How did I know you'd be here first?"

"Because Nachos are amazing and no one can say otherwise." I replied taking my seat as everyone else entered.

"Something tells me you like Nachos." Red chuckled.

I just nodded since I already had a mouthful of Nachos.

Red smirked and sat down next to me with his own plate. "I'll take your word for it."

Within five minutes I'd cleaned my plate and was helping myself to seconds.

Silver gave me a raised eyebrow since it was very rare for me to even finish one plate. I shrugged and gave myself a large second helping.

"Nice to see you're finally eating." Silver snorted.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'm sorry if I find it hard to eat if I'm nervous or feeling something like that." I hissed.

"Are you kidding you've had it off easy for the past two weeks and you've barely eaten a thing."

"Had it off easy!?" I don't know exactly why but that ticked me off big time. "I haven't had it off easy in a long time! You have no right to say I've had it off easy because it's not true I've never had it easy and I never will!" I slammed my fist onto the table. I've had it anything but easy for my whole life. I will never have anything easy.

Silver held his hands up in defence. "That's not what I meant Emma."

"But it is what you said!" I growled. "I'm not hungry anymore." I stood up and ran from the room.

~*🌸*~
~Silver's pov~

"I'll go after her." Red volunteered, standing up and following Emma out.

I sighed and turned to Clair as Red left the room. "How do you deal with her? She's just so reckless and independent, it's almost impossible to move with her without we snapping at you." I sighed to Clair.

"There's no simply 'dealing with her'. Emma, acts all tough and hard, like she can handle herself. But really she needs to be taken care of. She's been hurt in a lot of ways by a lot of people. She can find it difficult to cope in situations that are out of her control." Clair explained. "Inside she's been completely shattered and she needs... someone to... hold her together while she picks up the pieces, it needs to be unnoticeable because she's so independent. But if someone really cares for her then they'll be patient and move at her pace." Clair said with a slight shrug. "It's how she's taught herself to cope with everything, her mind can't deal with big fast changes. It'll just end with her breaking down, even if she doesn't show it, which she'll do whatever she can not to. That's what I've picked up from her and look how close we are?" She said the last part with slight sarcasm. "Though she doesn't look at me like a mother, which I never forced her to, she does depend on me and has accepted me to take care of her. She knows when she's in trouble and I know that yelling will get nowhere for the both of us, Emma either yells back or breaks down, both result in loss of trust with her which if you haven't noticed is hard to win with her. You need to move at the pace she most feels comfortable with, otherwise she'll just see you as trying to parent her which she sees as something that isn't your job, she hates when even I try to parent her which is understandable from her point of view but even though it can be done, it has to be done right."