Chapter 54: Think About Me, Not Them

Narrator's POV

Camila was feeling insecure as Lauren had a gorgeous ex and many friends, and she was adored by many women and famous with the women. Lauren, on the other hand, was feeling insecure when came to her background. It was still in her back of her mind that Camila deserved someone better, with no homeless background and wealthier. She was still thinking about Mr. Bardem, and also Mrs. Cabello.

Neither Ally nor Lauren knew why Mrs. Cabello disliked Lauren. Ally only knew what she had told Camila that her mother did not want to adopt a kid with an unknown identity and background. While Lauren knew the same. Mr. Cabello told her that he could not bring her home or invite her to her home as her wife did not like it. Even though Camila's parents had passed away, Lauren still thought about whether Camila's parents would agree or disagree with their relationship. Camila was not her sister anyway and Lauren was certain Mr. Cabello would not be mind. It was different when came to Mrs. Cabello. Lauren met her once at Mr. Cooper's party, she was cold and expressionless when she met Lauren.

"Camz..." They were still enjoying their Sunday morning under the tree by the lakeside.

"Yes..."

"Your uncle will not like it if he knows we're together."

"I know, but I could not care less."

"..." Lauren did not say anything. She was lost in her thought. She knew that Javier would be against their relationship.

Camila did not hear Lauren's response. She lifted her head and looked at Lauren, "Lauren..."

"Yea..." Lauren touched Camila's cheek.

"Don't worry about him, he has no say in our relationship. It's none of his business."

"But he is your uncle, Camz..."

"Yes, he is, but I don't care whether someone is a family member or a stranger, if they are good I am good. If they are not, they can stay away." Camila was just like her father. She would care for those who deserved it even though they were strangers, and she would ignore those who did not even though they were family.

"I agree..."

"Yes, that's what I learned from my father. Now, I know why he's not mentioned in my father's will. I did not know that he is not a good person until I followed my father's will to take the CEO position. He was always smiling and happy when I met him whenever he visited us. Probably, I was too naive at that time, even Dinah never likes him from the beginning."

"Did he visit you often?"

"Regularly, he visited us... but my father never talked about him."

"Does he still visit you?"

"Not that often since my father passed away, and he has not contacted me since that day when you hit him."

"Oh, sorry, Camz... for this mess."

"No, Lauren, don't be... it's not your fault. It's his. He should know his place, not you..."

"Did it ever cross your mind, he's right trying to warn you about me. That he is right?" it was the same doubt that Lauren had when Mr. Cooper offered her to be the candidate for the mentor position.

"No, never." Camila hardly could trust someone just like her father.

"But I am a stranger here, Camz... what do make you trust me more than him?"