Chapter 6: She's Unhealthy

Lauren's POV

The morning came. I took a shower and put on my clothes. I always went with a smart casual style. Most of the time, I would wear black pants and black or white shoes. I just played a little with my tops. I did not have many variants, only simple tops. One thing for sure, there would always be a black color in my outfit, either my pants, my shoes, or my suit. Sometimes, I wore my hair in ponytail sometimes I just wore it down. After feeling fresh, smelling good, and looking good, I left my apartment so I could arrive thirty minutes earlier in the office. This way worked better for me.

I reached my new floor and went straight to my office. I did not use the VIP lift although I had the access. I was five minutes earlier than my schedule and nobody arrived yet. I got myself a cup of coffee from the coffee shop downstairs. I turned on my computer and sipping my coffee. I always let my door open unless I needed to concentrate and did not want to be disturbed. I liked my new office. It was not occupied before, only Mr. Cabello used it sometimes when he did not want to welcome them in his office.

 Cabello used it sometimes when he did not want to welcome them in his office

Ten minutes passed and I saw Hailee was here. "Good morning, Ms. Steinfeld!" I greeted her with a smile. She was Mr. Cabello's secretary for two years and had been helping Ally since he passed away. It was almost three years now.

"Good morning, Ms. J!" She greeted me back. Some people called me Lauren, some called me Ms. J. I let them choose. "You're early, Lauren." She said.

"Yes, I like to come early," I stood up and went out to talk with her. Her desk was located in the hall that led to the CEO's office. She had to pass Ally's and mine before getting to hers. Our offices including the CEO's occupied half of the floor and another half was for the executive team led by Ally, a meeting room, and the kitchen and leisure area for the team which was so pleasant.

 Our offices including the CEO's occupied half of the floor and another half was for the executive team led by Ally, a meeting room, and the kitchen and leisure area for the team which was so pleasant

"Do you need a coffee or tea, Lauren?" Hailee asked.

"Thank you, Haiz, I've got mine. This floor is cozy." this floor was quiet but cozy.

Hailee laughed, "... and fancy, but... can be full of pressure sometimes." She took her phone, "Are you sure, you don't want anything? Ally is getting us breakfast."