Chapter 11

Astrid's POV

As I run inside the abandoned building, my eyes focus on an injured Caroline. She has a wooden chair leg barrowed inside of her stomach. Ignoring the fight around us, I rush to my friend. 

Grabbing hold of the weapon, I pull it out of her wound, while Caroline screams from the pain. Once it's out, I watch as her skin heals back beneath her destroyed clothes. A look of fear passes over my friend's face, as she glances behind me. 

Turning to see what she's scared of, I see Mikael sticking the White Oak Stake into my brother-in-law's heart. Oh for fuck's sake! Using my magic, I give Mikael an aneurysm long enough for Niklaus to recuperate. My father-in-law sends a murderous look my way, glaring daggers into my skull. Oh what's new? It's not the first time he's tried to murder me. 

"You incessant witch! I should've killed you when I had the chance!" Mikael grits out, while I tilt my head. 

Applying more pressure, I watch as he cries out in pain and drops the White Oak Stake to the ground. Karma's a bitch! Especially for old-ass, uptight, deadbeat Vikings. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Caroline helping my brother-in-law stand up. 

"Hey, lovebirds! Grab the stake and finish this please!" I exclaim, feeling blood drip down from my nose. If they don't hurry up and kill him, I might die from overusing my magic. 

Upon hearing me, my father-in-law begins to fight back against the aneurysm, and manages to stand to his feet. Uh oh. That's not good. Without warning, the dickhead speeds over and backhands me, causing me to fly backwards and hit a wall. Ow!

"Astrid!" I hear a familiar voice scream, as my vision becomes blurry. I drift in and out of consciousness for a few moments, trying to not fully pass out. It's obvious I have a concussion again, and fainting is the worst thing for it. Lifting my head up to face the person, I make out the faint outline of Kol.

"Hey, Kol. Fancy seeing you here." I mumble out, wiping excess blood from my nose. I lean up against the wall, as I see my husband bite into his wrist. He lowers it down to my mouth, and I drink some of his blood, healing up most of my wounds. 

I quickly pull away, wiping any excess from my mouth. Ignoring his condescending stare, I stand up from the ground. Before I can take a step forward, an arm reaches out to stop me.

"We need to talk." he states, causing me to roll my eyes. "Now."

"Kol, we are little busy right now. Try again in a few hours." I mutter, innocently smiling up at my husband. 

I brush his arm over and move to walk towards our family. Before I can do that, however, I am grabbed and sped out of the building, leaving Niklaus and Caroline with Mikael. Goddamn it, Kol!

After a few seconds, he stops us by a tree. My husband checks the area for anyone, before turning back to me with a unreadable expression on his face. Before he can get a word in, I push him back against the tree and use my fists to hit him on the chest. 

"You idiot! Couldn't this have waited until after we dealt with your father?" I scream at him, feeling the wind pick up behind us. I continue hitting him for a few more seconds, until he grabs my hands. 

"Astrid, love, look at me." he pleads, begging me to calm down. I glance up at him, still glaring daggers into his skull. I hear the wind ease off and see a small smile appear on my husband's face. I pull my hands out of his grip, causing Kol to sigh. 

"Marcellus and Hayley are there with them now. They'll be fine." he explains, causing my glare to lessen. "Now we need to talk."

There we go. The overprotective husband is back. I understand where he's coming from. I did die in his arms, but this is going a little too far. 

"Kol, you and I both know that wherever our family goes, chaos ensues." I detail to him, who narrows his eyes at me.

"I understand that, but you are still a human. Even if you are a witch, anything and everything can kill you now." my husband states, heavily sighing at the end. "I just don't want anything to happen to you. I already lost you once, and I don't intend on it happening ever again."

I stare up into his eyes and see a look of concern within them. Stepping closer to Kol, I place my hands on his shoulders and smile up at him. 

"I will be fine, okay? Nothing will happen to me...again." I tell him, earning a slight chuckle. "I'm not leaving you again." 

"I'm holding you to that." my husband states, before turning to look behind me. I see his eyes widen, causing me to frown. I turn my head slightly and spot dozens of trees ripped up from their roots. 

"Oops!"