"It's um... I'm not really sure. They just give me like random things to complete or something." I shrugged.

"Damn, she's hot." I turned to glare at Nat.

"How about we restrain from outwardly commenting on her physique?" I snapped at them. "Let's just do this stupid task." I grumbled and left my maman and Hailey.

"Jealous or something?" Cara teased.

"It's disgusting to hear all the comments." I muttered, but they heard me.

"Why do you care?" Acacia's tone was filled with jealousy.

"Because she's a person and not an object people should fantasize about fucking!" Everyone was shocked by my outburst. "Sorry." I muttered and went back to rummaging through the boxes.

"Someone's triggered." Tatia rolled her eyes.

"And I'd suggest limiting the comments if you don't want to trigger her again." Hailey sassed. "Come on, Millie." She led my maman away.

I ignored the blatant staring of Acacia and her friends. To be honest... I was a little uncomfortable, so I moved the box behind a wall, so I didn't have to see them. I stopped placing the objects on a bench when I saw a book that peaked my interest. I picked it up and tilted my head to the side. There wasn't a title on the book or anything written on the pages. It was completely blank.

There was no way my aunts would save something completely useless. I ran my hand over it and performed an uncloaking spell. I smiled as I saw the illusion begin to drop. It looked like a book of dark spells. I've always been interested in dark spells, but my maman never taught me the FUN dark spells. And Nico refused to teach us any dark spells. Let's see what I can learn here.

I began flipping through the pages and scrunched up my face at the number of blood sacrifices. Now, I know why my maman never taught me any spells. I didn't even like drinking blood from people, so how would I perform a blood sacrifice spell?

"Whatcha lookin at?"

I screeched at the voice next to my ear. I turned to see Cara hysterically laughing at me.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"What is that?" She ignored me and pointed at the book. I allowed her to take the book from my hands.

"A book of dark spells." I rounded the corner.

"Why are you looking at dark spells?" Nat inquired.

"I can't understand this." Cara moved the book around.

"It's in Latin and that's a type of binding spell... like voodoo." I answered.

"And more importantly..." I turned to Cara. "Can you perform the spell?!"

"I'm hesitant to do that."

"Why?" Cara cutely asked.

"Because if I mess up the pronunciation, then it could be disastrous. Messing up a word could change it to an entirely new spell. Or the person who I'm casting a spell on could get hurt. Or the spell could misdirect and harm me."

"So you're saying you'd fuck up the spell." Tatia crossed her arms.

"No. I'm confident I could successfully perform the spell. I just wouldn't know who to bind the spell to."

"Huh?" Nat asked.

"It's a binding spell, so who wants to be my guinea pig?" I smirked when they quickly averted their eyes.

"You sure are quiet now." Hailey chuckled at Tatia.

"I think I know who to bind it to." I smirked at Acacia's friends.

I glanced at my maman, who subtly nodded. Yay! I have permission. My maman subtly tapped her head, so I connected our minds to silently speak to each other.

Just don't tell your mum. I chuckled and nodded at my maman.

I glanced around the room and found a hand sized ball. I closed my eyes and focused my energy on the ball in my hand. I then opened my eyes and recited the spell while thinking of the designated person in my mind. I smiled and moved the ball in my hand.

"Does anyone feel anything different?" Nat asked.

"She really did fuck up the spell." Tatia taunted me.

I just smirked and tossed the ball up in the air. I then pelted it at the wall. The sound of the ball smacking against the wall was followed by a groan from Hailey. My maman died laughing while Hailey glared at me.

"I'm gonna kill you." Her irises flashed red. I then used magic to summon the ball back to my hand.

"Wouldn't really do that when I hold the thing binding you." I stuck my tongue at her.

"Unblind me!" I responded to Hailey by throwing the ball at the wall. She groaned and then hissed at me. "Millie, tell her to unbind me!"

"What impact does she have?" Cara asked.

"I agree." My maman smirked at Hailey, but Hailey growled at my maman. "Fine. Release her, Z." My maman dramatically sighed.

I chuckled and released Hailey. I then squealed and ducked from the pile of supplies Hailey was throwing at me. I started screaming when Hailey began chasing me around. I ran behind Acacia and tried to use her as a shield. Acacia tried to worm her way free, but I refused to let her go.

"What's going on here?" We looked up to see the firm features of Franni. "You're supposed to be reorganizing not-" She stopped when she saw my maman. "You shouldn't be inviting guests here either." She locked eyes with my maman. They appeared to be having a silent conversation. "You're all dismissed for now." She then left us.

"Thank God!" Nat exclaimed. "I couldn't handle organizing these dusty files a second longer!"

"You did absolutely nothing." Tatia coughed away the dust.

"I'll see you later, ma petite chou." My maman kissed the top of my head. "Let's go, Hails."

Hailey groaned and followed my maman out the room. I smiled in amusement at my maman poking Hailey's side. I then turned to see the glares being sent my way. What'd I do now?

"You sure move on fast." Cara snidely commented. "Let's go."

Tatia and Nat immediately followed Cara out the door. My brows furrowed at Acacia wiping away her tears. I made a step forward, but she held up her hand to stop me. She just dejectedly shook her head and left the room. What the hell happened?