nine

thor is typing...
bruce, please come back.

bruce is typing...
bruce stopped typing

thor is typing...
bruce, i'm not mad that you kissed me.

...

thor is typing...
please answer me. i need to know that you're okay.

bruce is typing...
bruce stopped typing

thor is typing...
i know you're seeing my messages. i need to know you're not passed out in some alley or something.

bruce is typing...
i'm okay. i can't come back, though.

thor is typing...
okay, i understand. i'll see you at school later. we can talk, if you want to. i'm not mad, i hope you know that.

read at 7:52am

bruce sighs, looking down at his phone. he doesn't know what to say. he does know that he can't go to school today. he can't face thor or tony, not after everything that happened last night. he bites his lip, thinking about what he should do, what he should say to thor, where he should go. he can't go back home, his mother is home and he doesn't want her to see him like this. he can't go to school and he can't go to work like this either. he decides to go to the library near his house and stay until about 11am, when his mother leaves for work. he's been texting her and she is upset at him for staying at a someone's house without permission, but she isn't very worried. she knows bruce is a good kid and she usually trusts him to make his own decisions.

luckily, bruce feels alot better than he did yesterday, due to his breakfast this morning. he gets on the bus and sits down with his headphones in. he gets off at the stop nearest to the library and heads inside. despite his intelligence, bruce has never been the reading type. he sits down at a table and takes out some of his school stuff. he didn't finish his homework last night so he's grateful that he isn't going today. he gets to work on his homework and doesn't look up until his phone buzzes.

'hey, where are you? mr. macclan is kind of freaking out because you're absent,' the text is from thor. bruce hasn't missed a day of school since his father's funeral, so he understands why his teachers are concerned.

bruce is typing...
i'm not coming today. tell him i'm not feeling too great at the moment.

bruce didn't think the lie would be hard to believe. everyone saw the state he was in yesterday. he knows they did because of their whispers and concerned looks.

thor is typing...
okay... do you want me to grab your homework for you, then?

bruce is typing...
that would be great, thanks.

thor is typing...
will you be at your work later? i can swing it by there or drop it off at your house later?

bruce takes a deep breath. he doesn't know if he's ready to face thor yet. he weighs the pros and cons of having him take it to his work instead of putting it outside his house. 'pro: i would get to see thor,' bruce thinks to himself, 'con: he probably thinks i've lost my shit. con: he definitely doesn't like me back. con: he probably isn't even gay. con: i kissed him this morning after making him pick me up at 2am. con: he probably doesn't want to even be my friend anymore.'  bruce's list of cons piles up in his mind. 'but, pro: he gets to see thor.'

'what can it really hurt? i'm sure he already doesn't want anything more to do with me. this might be my last opportunity to talk to him,' bruce's pro list wins out in the end, thanks in part to his own desperation.

bruce is typing...
i'll be at work later. you can bring it there, if you'd like. my break is around 8:30 usually.

thor is typing...
thor stopped typing

read at 8:46am

-
a/n: sorry if this chapter is a little weird. i wanted to try something new, let me know how you feel about it! :) i hope you are having a good day.