24

This Way ~ Khalid ft. H.E.R.

**(This song doesn't have to be played at any specific time, it's just the song of the chapter)
••••••
Rayne ~~

"Hang on a minute I just realized something," I pause the joke I was just trying to explain to Harry when I randomly remember something. 

"You're like a dog when it's doing something and then sees a squirrel all of a sudden," He chuckles at me but I ignore it.

We're currently laying flat on our backs on his bed because yes, I am back at his place already. It's about ten in the morning and yesterday afternoon was when Harry asked me to be officially his.

Forever. He said forever.

Isn't that fucking crazy?

I honestly thought we were both content with just being what we were, whatever that was, but no. This whole time Harry has wanted more and I hadn't realized that I felt the same way until yesterday. Just knowing the fact that he wanted me to be his officially, like in some cheesy high school romance film, made the butterflies in my stomach turn into a fucking zoo.

Of course I said yes. Because on top of all that he was so romantic about it. Which is something I'm fairly certain that neither of us are familiar with.

"I remembered something," I say, tapping my left hand thats next to his body beside me on his arm frantically.

"Alright, spit it out. I'm a little afraid of what it is but go ahead," He teases and I roll my eyes.

I roll myself over a little to prop my elbow up so my head can lay on my hand and I can look over at him. "It's something that you said. The night we first met."

He gives me a sideways look and frowns a little. "Oh no, let's not reminisce. I said a lot of weird things that night."

A chuckle leaves my lips this time. "No it's actually kinda funny. So you know how we're dating now?"

Harry purses his lips while looking upward and bringing a hand under his chin in a thinking gesture. "Hmm, I think so. Can't really recall though."

I sigh and smack his chest lightheartedly and he chuckles. "Anyway, remember what you said to me that night? When I was dating my ex Micah, and you found out about it and called having a boyfriend childish. You remember that Styles?"

My memory that randomly popped into my head just now seems to be one Harry isn't too fond of. The look he gives me resembles a bored one but really I know it's him silently saying, "Really Rayne, why are you bringing that up?"

"Don't look at me like that it's funny. And they were your words, not mine. I completely disagreed with you and I still do. But obviously you've reversed that moral because here we are," I gesture my hand between us and smirk at him.

He's the one to roll his eyes now. "Yea yea, whatever. Make fun of me all you want, but just remember that there are consequences Hunter."

I'm scoffing before I realize it, my brain already deciding to challenge him. "I'm not afraid of your consequences baby," I drawl, leaning down towards his face and biting his bottom lip with my teeth.

"You've never experienced mine before, love, don't get too ahead of yourself," He replies sounding unamused but slightly turned on.

I hum in response and pretend that the fact he just called me love for the first time didn't affect me before sitting up slowly but not leaving the bed yet. "I think...." I begin, pausing for a moment to look over my shoulder at him still laying down beside me.