18

In My Blood ~ Shawn Mendes (*)

Split Perspective
••••••
Rayne ~~

Harry meets me not ten minutes after the call ended. I see him pull up behind me on his classic Harley Davidson model that I'm obsessed with, but that's the last thing on my mind right now.

This evening has been so shitty. I fucked it all up. Within the last few hours I've felt like the world has come crashing down on me, and I don't know how to find my way out.

But I don't care about me at the moment. I can't even fathom how Harry and Arden must be feeling right now.

Especially in this moment, as I see Harry climb off his motorcycle with a completely emotionless facial expression. It almost scares me.

He walks up to where I'm leant against my bike, and when he reaches me I stand up straight.

For a moment we just stand there and stare at each other. I don't know what he's thinking, or how he's feeling. The only thing I can think to do is apologize.

"Harry I'm really so-," his hand comes up to cut me off the way Arden was doing just earlier.

So many similarities.

"Don't apologize. None of this is your fault, I don't care what you say. I'm not angry at you. I'm not angry at all. I really don't know what I feel at the moment to be honest." He laughs a fake awkward laugh and runs a hand through his hair.

"I have so many questions. Where do I even begin?" He turns around and paces the length of my bike, face in his hands.

Every few seconds he'll stop and face me, mouth open like he wants to say something. But nothing comes out and he'll resume his pacing.

A couple minutes of this and I decide to finally stop him. I grab his arm and he freezes, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Harry. I'm really sorry, I am. And you can't keep me from feeling that way. I can't even begin to imagine how you're both feeling. But we need to find him. This is the first time he's left our warehouse since he's lived there. He could be in trouble, or terrified out of his mind. I don't know. But I need to find him. I've searched everywhere around the warehouse within a mile radius and I've got nothing." I explain quickly before he tries to cut me off again.

I try to hide my emotions from him, I don't feel like I have a place to feel any type of way right now. This isn't about me.

Harry nods frantically, and I let go of his arm.

"You take that way." I tell him pointing behind him down the street, and then point behind myself. "And I'll take this way. Take an hour to cover as much ground as you can. Whether or not we find him within that time span we meet back here when it's done. If we don't find him, the only other option I can think of is waiting for him back at our place." I nod at him and then turn around to climb onto my bike.

Just as I'm starting it back up Harry's hand lands on my shoulder. I glance up at him to see him with a confused expression.

"You're gonna let me see where you live?" He checks with me.

I shrug and give him a small smile. "Might as well. No reason to hide from you anymore. Remember, an hour and then meet back here. Okay?"

He nods assuringly, and just as I'm about to take off he stops me again. It shocks me when he leans down and plants a swift kiss to my temple, making me relax instantly.

"I'm not mad at you sweetheart. The position you were in sucked. Got it?" His voice is tender, more than usual.

It makes my heart flutter.