Worthless

I woke from the sound of the front door closing. Must be mom going to work. I didn't actually wake up, more like conscious while my eyes were still closed. I can't move. My whole body ached. I can smell and taste blood. I was cold, hungry and in pain. *Ding* I got a text message. I groaned, but did my best to reach for it and see who texted.

PRIVATE MESSAGES

Omi-Omi: "Hey Atsu, we're on our way to your school, can't wait to see you."

Just like that, I felt a little better. Just those simple words gave me a reason to get up and suck up all the pain. I shakily walked up to the living room; breakfast was ready. Looks like Samu hasn't got up yet. I continued to drag myself up the bathroom where I cleaned myself up, and did my best to fix up my wounds and hide them. I got to my room and wore some knee high to hide my banged up thighs and some arm sleeves. I bandaged my left hand which made me cry in pain. I can't move my fingers but I did my best.

I headed out for school, not bothering to call for Samu and just went straight to the gym. The others were already there and glaring at me when I got inside, but I just kept walking until I got into a corner and just stayed there; hugging my knees.

"HEADS UP!!" someone yelled, when I looked up, a volleyball was speeding towards me and without thinking, I used my arms to block my face and it hit my left hand. I groaned in pain, I was crouching down, with my head on the floor, holding my hand. I was crying. "Don't be such a drama queen, loser!" Osamu jogged towards me and picked up the ball and left.

The Itachiyama team finally arrived and I was at the back just waiting for...

Atsumu: "OMI!" I got excited and got so much attention from both teams, including the black haired male. He was wearing a mask, like always but I could always notice when he smiles underneath it.

Sakusa: "Hi Atsu" he waved and started walking towards me.

Sakusa's POV

As I got closer to Atsu, I could see how bruised up his face was. When he noticed I was staring, he looked down and just hugged himself. There isn't much of a difference with our height and I was built a little bigger in body and muscle mass, but looking down on Atsumu now; he looks so small, so fragile; like an easy prey.

Sakusa: " Atsu." he flinched a little. What the hell happened to you? I was getting a little mad, but I kept my composure for him and spoke with a gentler tone which worked a little. He looked like he calmed down a bit. "Atsu, can you please look at me..." He slowly looked up and I could clearly see his face now. My eyes widened and I felt my blood boil. "A...Atsu...." my voice shakes a little...

Most of his face was turning purple, his eyes were red and puffy. His nose was bandaged, and his lip had cuts. I just stared at him.

Atsumu: "O... Omi...?" He was shaking a little and that's when I noticed his left hand. He noticed where I was staring and quickly hid his hand. "Don't worry Omi..." he faked a smile. "I just fell down the stairs when going down the basement..." He assured me which I didn't believe but didn't pressure him any further.

Sakusa: "Alright, just be more careful next time." We sat down by the bleachers away from the teams since we still had 15 minutes before the game starts.

As we talked, I kept noticing how Atsu kept flinching a little. He looks like he's holding back his pain. He looked like he wanted to cry. I really wanted to know what happened. Why are you keeping it all to yourself, Atsu? Don't you trust me?