"Son! Why are you doing this to me! I am your mother!"

She knew that this was a dream. The nightmare that haunts her almost every night.
Her eyes were red from the tears she had shed, her voice was coarse from all the shout. Her body was in pain, because of the wounds on her body. Even through the clothes she could feel the wound. With a heart-wrenching appearance she kept shouting at her son.

"Xiao Ming! Why?"

Her son snickered at her. His eyes were curving up as if he was seeing the greatest amusement in her current condition.

Then he said these dreadful words:
"Don't make me laugh! You are not my mother! If you were you wouldn't try to harm my person! You are nothing but a cold, pathetic woman who have been trying to use me for your selfish purpose of coveting the throne! How can you call yourself a mother after trying to harm my person?"

She widened her eyes with shock. Her eyes steered towards the shadow next to her son. It was a young boy. Although she couldn't make out his face properly she knew that this person was extremely beautiful. She did not knew this person!
"Who are you! Who are you speak!"

Slap!

A loud slap fell on her cheek making her scream in pain. To her surprise the hand that hit her was her son's.
"AHHHHH...Xiao Ming how could you hit your mother!"

Her son let out a menacing laughter. His crooked eyes slanted towards her, his death glare falling on her exposed nape.
"Mother! You tried to harm my person. The only punishment for trying to do so is your death!"

Slash.

The sword on his hand moved. It slashed towards the powerless woman dressed in red.

Fling!

A pair of eyes flung wide open. She was sweating profoundly, the heartbeat against her chest palpitating as if it was about to jump out of her chest. Cough. Cough. She choked on her breath, struggling to inhale and exhale.
"H....huff.....huff....." Calm down. "It was just a dream....gulp."
Empress Ming hit her chest trying to keep her composure still. She has been having these nightmares every night. Initially it started with a very short dream with a brief moment of her watching her own death unfold but now...the details was getting more and more vivid, as if foretelling her something. The way Xiao Ming looked at her, the way that sword fell on her....the way the details were so vivid.....

"No!" She shook her head. A dream was just a dream and so was a nightmare. "No...it can't be! Xiao Ming doesn't even possess that kind of sword! Its just a dream!" She tried to reason herself back to calmness. But the nightmare remained in her mind as she was unable to shake it off. The awful feeling of something unsettling sitting in her heart made it impossible for her to fully ignore it.

She had no idea that a big shock awaited her in the next few days.

"We won't be staying here for too long."

It was Ivar who spoke. He was sleeping on the bed with his man lying by his side. Wang Lei was playing with his hair, he even kissed the long strands of his hair from time to time. When he spoke Guang Wang Lei looked at him. He did not ask anything and instead hugged his kitty.

"Doesn't matter. So long as we are together." As he said this he kissed his babe on the head. He noticed his lover look up at him.

Ivar stretched his hand placing them on Wang Lei's lips. Rubbing them with his fingers he moved his hand to touch the cheeks of the taller man. His eyes lingered around Wang Lei's face.