"Ah!" One of them exclaimed. "It was him! It was him who started it first. He was the one who shouted that Lord Mao was trying to violate Yue Ling."

Evryone stared at the person being pointed out.

The person who was recieving the attention of the crowd suddenly became nervous.

"I....I...." He stuttered. "It was because.....Yue Ling kept  bowing his head saying he was sorry, with a face as if he was wronged...so I just assumed that he was being bullied...so I just..."

"Wait." Ivar interrupted him. "Did you just said that you assumed? Without knowing the whole story you assumed that Lord Mao was harassing Yue Ling?"

"!!" The person was rendered speechless. Oh my god! He thought to himself. Realising that his reply was putting him on a tight spot he just hung his head down.

"Wait is that what happened?"

"Eh? Then....Lord Mao really didn't do anything bad to Yue Ling?"

"Wait....why did we even got so riled up into this whole thing?"

The love interests could feel the thoughts of the crowd shifting elsewhere.

"Hah. Enough. If the thing has been cleared let's just leave at that. Its just a small dispute." Lord Chen was distressed to see his love being on the spotlight.

Ivar slanted his eyes at this damn love interest. He raised his brow at him.
"A small dispute? Lord Chen, you do realise that if things were to take its course the way they were Lord Mao would have been punished severely and kicked out of the academy, with his reputation tarnished! The question of person's life was on the line and you think it's just a small dispute?"

Lord Mao who was feeling touched by Sheng Yan's words began to cry. He started sobbing deeply touched by him.
"I...I...." He choked as he spoke. "No body wanted to listen to my side of the story. They all kept yelling that I sexually assaulted Yue Ling when I didn't even do that and without given the chance to speak even the head master was going to punish me...sobs..sobs..."

The crowd heard him relieve his grievances. Even the grand master flinched.

Ivar kept the momentum going. "If the story of the enitre incident wasn't brought to light Lord Mao would have had his life ruined for the worst. An innocent person's life would have been ruined just because of a momentary misunderstanding. Is it a joke to you all?"

The crowd began to doubt their thoughts. What Sheng Yan was saying was indeed right. They one sidedly decided that Lord Mao was the bad guy without giving him a chance to speak. Moreover they even said bad things to lord Mao who was known for being a kind humble man. If, perhaps, if Sheng Yan hadn't come they would have caused an innocent man's life a huge damage. They would have ruined an innocent man whose fault was that he helped Yue Ling from a fall. Now that they thought about it...it was strange.
Why didn't Yue Ling tried to clear the misunderstanding then? Why didn't he speak a word when Lord Mao, the man who had helped him was being falsely accused? Their eyes steered towards Yue Ling, their questioning gaze obvious to the love interests.

Even the head master was alarmed. He have realised that he was being very biased and narrow minded in this case. "Yue Ling...why didn't you tell us that Lord Mao was innocent?"

"That's right. Why didn't he stand up for the man who helped him?

"Why didn't he say anything even when the head master spoke him to do so?"

"Why isn't he replying."

Yue Ling was once again dumbfounded. He have never been questioned like this before. Everytime something like this happened the fault lied on the other person. Like how Miss Xin was the one at fault for bumping onto him or how Lord Yu was the bad guy who tired to seduce him. It was always like that. But now that he was actually being asked, his mind was in a mess thinking how to reply. He shut his eyes tight, hugging Lord Jing tightly.
Then he shouted loud and clear.
"I...I...it was because everyone was saying Lord Mao was in the wrong so I...I...just.....I am sorry. I am sorry!"