Chapter IX (It's okay)

Start from the beginning

Soon we reached the house of the Im family and I see how nervous IU looks. She's gripping hard at the steering wheel. Yes, we haven't got out yet.

Unnie, don't be or else it's game over.

I said and yes I repeated the words she said to me. She looked at me and smiled poiltely which I consider it as a "thank you".

After a few minutes, IU has gathered all of her courage and so am I. Well, I gathered all my coolness and politeness. Now, we are in front of this door and all we need is to press that doorbell.

IU hesitantly raised her arm to press that button. She looked at me before she could do it and I gave her a assuring smile.

*DING DONG~ DANTES~*  (A/N: Joke)

IU begins on playing with her fingers while I fix my appearance at the camera app of my phone.

Hello...

A voice that sounds like a matured woman said. We look at our front and see a woman who looks like Nayeon. I assume, it's Nayeon's mother.

Annyeonghaseyo, ma'am. IU greeted while I said. Good day ma'am. The woman scanned us, maybe...scanned how we look. She then showed a approval look on her face. Ya know what I mean?

Come in. She said with a formal smile. We bowed at her and then got in.

Now, we are here at the living room sitting at their long ass couch.

What made you come here Ji-uen? The woman asked IU. Unnie shakes a little out of nervousness as she said. Uh, I just want to talk to Nayeon. The woman nod her head and then look at me in the eye that almost made me lose my shit.

And who are you? Your name? She asked. I gulp in my saliva as I stand up and say. Lee Dena. I took out my hand for a hand shake and that was the MOST embarrassing thing I've done.

The silence was so LOUD that I felt my own breath shaking. I was standing there awkwardly with my hand sticking out assuming for a hand shake.

My unnie then nudged my side that made me apologize and then silently sit back with my hand inside my coat.

The woman awkwardly coughed as she says. Ji-uen, Nayeon is at her room. IU bowed at her and then thanked her. Before unnie could leave, she glance at me for a second and then I gave her a big thumbs up.

So, Dena who are you to IU? girlfriend? The woman asked all of a sudden that made me blink my eyes several times. U-uhmm, aniyo ajumeoni...I am her guardian. She adopt me when I was 15. I answered. She maintained a cold look as she ignored me and then went to their kitchen area.

I didn't know what to do so I just followed her to the kitchen. How old are you now? She asked while getting something from the fridge. 18.

You're a teen but you look like a woman.

She said and I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a insult. I smile at her forcedly.

Where do you go to school?

Oh no ma'am, I'm working...at JYPE.

As a what?

She offered me a glass of lemonade juice and I gladly accept it.

As their choreographer. I answered her. She smirked as she says. Choreographer of what groups? I smile at her politely and I say. TWICE, STRAYKIDS, and ITZY. She took a sip and then ask again. Are you working on some things currently? I nod my head and then take in a MOUTH FILLED of this juice.

Are you new there? She asked. Yes ma'am. I replied. Drop the formalities. She said all of a sudden that made me shut my mouth.

Call me "eomeoni"

When I heard that, I finished my cup of juice and then hesitantly nod my head and smile at her awkwardly.

Y-yes eomoe-

I was stuttering while saying that but a shout/scream cut off my words.

NO!

I look up and I also assume eomeoni does too. We see Nayeon rambling while IU is making her calm down. Me and Mrs. Im came towards them and then I see Nayeon is like panicking or what and also I see a tear dropped from her eye.

Sweet heart, what's wrong?

Mrs. Im asked her daughter but she didn't reply. I look at IU and she has this unexplainable expression on her face. Nayeon suddenly dropped to the floor while sobbing. We went silent as we look at each other and then the mother asked softly.

Sweetie, what's wrong? Eomma is here. What seems to be a problem, Sweet heart?

The mother said while crouching down and then hug her daughter. I look at IU as the latter did the same. I asked her. What happened? She just stared at me and then a tear rolled out from her eye as she shake her head while starting to ring the blues.

And that moment, I knew what happened. I came to IU and hug her as I comfort her and say. It's okay, I'm here. You'll get through this. Don't worry. After what I said, from tiny droplets to a waterfall. She cried hard in my arms.

I look at Ms. Im and she's also comforting her very own daughter. She then told me. I think it's better if you both go home now. Tomorrow go here Dena. I bod my head and then realized what she said.

I'm going back here tomorrow!? WHAT!?

I thought. I want to complain but nah. Forget it. I bow at her and then advert my attention to IU as we go home.

Today, I'll be driving since unnie is not in her best condition...emotionally.