31

Jaebeom leaned against the back of the chair and his eyes darted at the white screen showing the charts and data from the past year of work. Being a mafia from a royal family was nothing, it's just he held more power. Power in politics and business industry.

"Sir, if we sign the contract with the port area in Busan it will be easy to ship things, also the port company comes under the current minister of Busan," the beta explained, his hands trembling while pointing at the information on the screen. Jaebeom chuckled at his courage to stand in front of him to convince him of a deal that he was planning to reject.

The alpha hummed at his words and looked at his wristwatch.

The poor beta is wasting his breath and my time, Jaebeom thought.

Jaebeom raised my hand in the air to stop the beta's blabbering.

The company representative of the Busan port looked at Jaebeom with a strange look. Without sparing a glance at him, Jaebeom looked at the terrified beta and smirked.

"How much did they pay you for this stupid contract?" Jaebeom asked, collecting my files from the table. He doesn't have any time for useless deals, he would have spent this time with his dove but now his time was wasted and he has to be somewhere.

"What do you mean, s-sir?" The beta asked, looking at his shoes. To his reply, Jaebeom shrugged and smiled at the representative.

"What do you take me for? You think I will let a minister handle my work?" Jaebom snapped. He was listening to this nonsense from the last hour and everything came back to one point about how things will be under the port company.

He doesn't want any hawk eyes on his work nor any minister. He is already part of the political work and doesn't want anyone to put their nose on my business.

"You have got us wrong, Mr Im. There's nothing like that, we just want to help you and make your work easy," the representative smiled. An awful fake one.

"Oh? I'm sorry to break your bubble but I have my cargo ships," Jaebeom said, surprising the alpha representative. It's funny how they try so hard to bring him down and his reputation. He is not here just like that, he has used his brain a lot to fight this cunning little creature.

"I don't need any port to look after my work, I pay my toll tax and I have already stated in this meeting, don't discuss things that are already established," It was getting on his nerves, their eyes filled with hope that he would become their pawn.

"It's nice how you got us," the man chuckled playfully and swallowed his saliva before speaking.

"We are here for another proposal. A few months back, we proposed this to your father and he asked us to contact you," The representative gave a hesitant smile before slipping an envelope in front of him on the desk.

A thin line created on Jaebeom's lips when he realised what it was. A marriage proposal.

Jaebeom felt his jaws clenched. What were they thinking about? He is not angry over his father because Jinyoung came into the family just now and before that, no one had an idea about it.

He was pissed at them, trying to marry him off to their kids for some silly shit. He was sick of it, he already had Jinyoung and his hands were full with him. He never considered anyone else except Jinyoung.

Jinyoung is his forever home.

Without looking at the envelope, Jaebeom slid it away from his place and stood up from his seat. He had enough of this stupid act. He was not his father to take anyone with kindness.