"Don't be sad." I rubbed her arm. "You just need to be persistent. It's kinda hard to ignore you when you're determined." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Are you two able to perform the spell?" We turned to the teacher. Acacia quickly turned to me in a panic. Neither of us were paying attention, so we had no clue what spell to perform. I glanced around and saw some students failing to pronounce the spell for an illuminating spell. "Were you two lovebirds a little distracted?" He quirked a brow with a sly smile.

"No we were just-"

"We can do it." I grabbed Acacia's hands in mine.

I then said the spell, resulting in a bright light appearing in our hands. Acacia brightly smiled at seeing the light become even brighter. The teacher smiled and took a picture of the beautiful rainbow that formed.

"Was the rainbow a way of coming out?" He whispered.

"Go away!" He laughed at Acacia.

"Alright. Alright. You two get an A." He then left to help some other students.

Acacia and I spent the rest of the class talking about different stuff. It more consisted of me questioning her about elven customs. Her eyes lit up when she began teaching me about her heritage. She excitedly told me that her mother was a Grey elf while her father was a High elf.

She proudly told me she was proficient in the sword. She also appeared to be a daddy's girl, based on how she kept talking about her dad. He was the one to teach her how to fight with a sword and use a bow and arrow. They had weapons teachers, but he insisted on teaching her himself. It was a bit of a taboo for a woman to fight, but he broke the taboo with her.

Her mother was more stuck with traditions, so Acacia was only allowed to use weapons at the castle grounds. She also wasn't allowed to touch the items if guests were over. She then told me how much she loved a dish that was similar to roast lamb. The way she described the fairy realm made me want to visit it. It sounded so mystical and beautiful.

"Have you always been this good with magic?" I inquired.

"Yep." She smugly said. "I'd have to spend hours slaving away with teachers. My mom wants me to be the best and be perfect. Unfortunately, perfection is unattainable, so I must keep practicing." She rolled her eyes. "I was the one who was cursed to be the magic prodigy." She scoffed. "Because of that, I'm the heir... but I don't want to be." She sighed. "It should be one of my brothers or my older sisters. I shouldn't be the one getting the title."

"Guess that's how my maman felt." I mumbled.

"What?" She didn't hear me.

"I'm saying that it sucks that your life has already been chosen for you." She gave me a sad smile. "And you're destined to be with Jethro." I bitterly spat.

"How do you know his name?" She arched a brow.

"Tatia told me." I muttered, causing her to laugh. "I swear I didn't ask! She just-"

"I believe you." She touched my arm. "Tatia can be very direct." She looked down and smiled. "Would you like to sit with us at lunch?" She shyly asked.

"I would, but I don't want to abandon my friends-"

"Cool! We'll sit with you." She smiled and turned to the front.

X

Class finally ended, so we stood up. Nico gave Acacia and I a salute. We rolled our eyes and walked by him. I did turn and give him a wave. He smiled even wider and waved more enthusiastically. I swear he was one of the people who shipped Acacia and I.