Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

It was a picture of his wife, his favourite picture of her. It was taken on their 3-year anniversary. Looking at the pictures all the memories he had suppressed for the last 24 years came flooding back, tears now streaming down Mr Mins face.

Here is the picture: 

He started to remember and reminisce on all thememories they had together

flashback

Mr Min had just started an internship at his father's company (Min Corporation). It wasn't a big and well know as it is now, but it was still a well-respected business. Mr Min was 21 and he was working under his father the CEO, he was to watch and observe him in order to learn the skills required for him to take over when his father was ready to step down.

It was his first day and he was dressed in a white button up and some tan slacks accompanied with some dress shoes. He was on his way up to his father's office which was at the end of the hallway on the 10th floor.

As he left the elevator his gaze was met with a desk at which a woman was sat at, her head down filling in some paperwork. The desk has a sign on that read 'CEO Assistant - Bai A-Yeong'.

He walked up to the desk, tapping his fingers on the edge to get the woman's attention. She looked up from her papers and smiled at the man.

"Hi, I'm Bai A-Yeong Mr Min's (Yoongi's grandpa) personal assistant. How can I help you?"

He looked at her, she was beautiful, he smiles was the first thing that caught his attention. He cleared his throat before speaking. "My name is Min Sung-ho, I'm here to see my father."

"Oh- Nice to meet you sir, I'll let your father know you've arrived."

She stood up and bowed her head to him and walked down the hall knocking on a large door before entering the room. A few seconds later she exited the room followed by the CEO who walked up to his son and looked him up and down.

"Looks like our first lesson will be on the dress code, you look homeless" the CEO said to his son before turning around and gesturing for his son to follow him.

Before he scampered off following his father, he looked over at the woman who was still smiling at him. She walked over to him and said, "I think you look very handsome sir, don't think too hard on his words". As she walked back to her desk he spoke "Please call me Sung-ho, sir makes me feel old".

The woman giggled in response before nodding. That was the day Mr Min met his future wife.

───

Mr Min (Sung-ho) ended up getting really close, he would spend his lunches with her and eventually they both ended up dating.

They had now been together for 2 years; they were out on a date for their anniversary. They were walking through the park when Sung-ho looked over at A-Yeong and smiled he planned on proposing today but he didn't know when the perfect time would be. He loved her with everything he had. They would often talk about how they wanted their lives together to go as they go older.

A-Yeong was a kind-hearted and beautiful soul inside and out. Everyone loved her, she would always be seen helping the elderly, volunteering at food banks etc. People would often say she was too good for a person like Min Sung-ho. But she loved him, and he loved her. She was his everything.

When he proposed, she obviously said yes, and they got married a year later. Being the happiest they've ever been. they were still as madly in love with each other as they were when they first got together.

Two and a half years after they got married A-yeong found out she was pregnant, with a boy at that. Both her and her husband were thrilled to be starting a family together. Throughout her pregnancy A-yeong would be seen doing things like talking to her belly, decorating the baby's room and in the later stages she would be seen reading bedtime stories to her stomach whenever she couldn't sleep. Even Sung-ho would talk to her belly at times. She was so excited to be a mother.

The pregnancy went smoothly until one night a month before her due date we woke up in excruciating pain and blood staining the bed sheets. She went into pre-mature labour. She was rushed to hospital, Sung-ho holding her hand every step of the way. Through her painful screams A-yeong would constantly beg the doctors and nurses to save her baby.

She ended up flatlining on the operating table 5 minutes after Yoongi was born. His name was the first and last gift she gave him.

Sung-ho cried and cried that day, he wouldn't even hold Yoongi until a few days later he was too wrapped up in his grief. The last word he had heard her say were about saving her baby.

he would get angry all the time, cursing her for putting the baby over her life, for not thinking about what he would go through when she left him. And the way he expressed that grief and anger was by putting the blame on his new-born son.

The day A-Yeong died was the day Sung-ho died too, he regressed into his old ways not bothering to partake in his weekly volunteering he would attend with his wife. He became cold and callous. the attitude was awful but the person who got the worst of it was the young boy, his so called 'son'.

───

End of Flashback

Mr Min had been looking through the box for hours, he was out of tears after combing through the memories with he shared with his life. Just as he was about to pack up, he spotted a small polaroid at the bottom of the box.

He reached down to grab it, bringing it out of the box. When he saw what it was, he felt guilt wash through him. It was the sonogram picture from when he and his wife found out they were having a boy.

He looked at the picture remembering the happiness he felt on that day and how excited he was to become a dad. To raise a son. He promised himself he wouldn't become his father he wanted to be the best dad he could.

It was at this moment Sung-ho felt genuine tears of guilt fill his eyes, he had become the very thing he promised he wouldn't. He had ruined the last gift his wife had left him. He knew at that moment his wife would hate the man he had become. 

───

So! Thoughts?

Hopefully, this chapter was ok, it was more of a plot builder chapter than anything but I hoped it filled any blanks in the story. If there is anything you'd like me to clarify let me know and I'll help you out (no spoilers tho). 

Hope to see you next chapter! 

Bye!