XXV - Aoba Johsai pt.3

I flash Kageyama a smile. "I see you took my advice," my tone is teasing, but he doesn't seem to mind. "I did, and it really helped. Thanks, greedy," he gives me a smile back. I have the strong urge to tease him about his smile, but I decide against it. "Hey, uh, Kageyama's friend!", that orange-haired guy comes up to me. "Mistuhara," I clarify, and he nods. "Mitsuhara-san, did you see that quick Kageyama and I did? It was like swoosh and bam, but like faster, like- like swooshbam! You get me?", he says all in one breath and I can't help but laugh. "Wh-what?", I say between laughs.

I unconsciously smile looking at Mitsuhara laugh. That Hinata never makes sense, boke. As we're walking, we come across Oikawa. "Ah, Tobio-chan~ you and Chibi-chan did that awesome quick huh?", he says. He continues, "You may have beaten us, but this is just a practice match, and I was barely there. Wait till Spring Interhigh, I will beat you, my kohai! Right then, see ya~", he waves and walks off. Usually, I would react explosively, but I keep my cool and say, "Yeah, see you."

He kept his cool. I thought I might have to tap his shoulder or something to keep him from exploding, but he handles it well. I pat him on his back instead. "Good job," I say. He mumbles a thanks, and we get onto the bus back to Karasuno.

We're walking back home together, after waving goodbye to the rest of the team. It's already around 7:30 p.m. and I'm starving. "Yo rude-ass, you wanna grab something to eat before we go home?" I ask, and he nods. "Yes, please. I feel like I could eat a horse right now." I laugh. "Well then, you're paying for your portion." He chuckles back, "Yeah, yeah, okay."

We finished our meal, and we're standing outside both our houses. "Congrats again today," I say, but he waves if off. "It's just a practice match. Congratulate me when I win an official match." Okay, that makes sense. I nod, walking to my front door. "Night, rude-ass," I yell. "Night!", he yells back.

word count : 371 words