XX - Kitagawa

"Tomorrow's our practice match with Aoba Johsai," I start. "Some of my teammates back in middle school go there. So does a senior of mine I somehow look up to," I say, while she nods. "You're scared to face them," she says, and now I nod. "Listen, how about this. You show your former teammates that you're a better team player now. Show them that you've changed, so instead of mocking you, they'd wish they had you on their team," she says, like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Okay, that's actually really great advice. "You know, you should really take your own advice," I smirk, but she tuts. "Uh-uh, remember our pact. Only hypocrisy allowed," she chuckles. Regardless, maybe I should take her advice, and see how it works out.

"Thanks, Mitsuhara," he says, but I widen my eyes. "What, no more greedy? I can't tell if this is an upgrade or not..." I say, shell-shocked, earning a smack on my upper arm. I laugh, and see a tiny smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "Jokes aside, maybe I'll come to watch this practice match of yours," I shrug, but he looks at me excitedly. "Yeah, then you can see what a great setter I am," he boasts, and I retaliate with my own smack on his shoulder.

"When are you guys leaving for Aoba Johsai? I'll have to juggle things around a bit..." I say, taking out my phone. "I think we leave after school, and it goes on till late in the evening." I'm going to have to cancel after-school practice? Oh well... "I'm going to have to message the team to come at 5 a.m. tomorrow," I mumble, shooting a text to the captain. "Five a.m.? Isn't that a bit much?", he asks, and I shake my head. "I would say 4:30, but I'll give them an extra half an hour to sleep." He rolls his eyes, "How very generous of you." "I know right, I'm an angel, aren't I?", I stuff some popcorn in my mouth. He shakes his head, munching on some popcorn, too.

Sunday, 6:24 p.m.

greedy-san
colaaaa

rude-ass kun
hey

greedy-san
cum 2 ur window
4 a sec

He walks to his window, and draws the curtains to see Masumi, smiling. He squints at her, as she just stands there with a stupid grin on her face.

rude-ass kun
are you just gonna
stand there smiling?

rude-ass kun
if yes, i'm leaving.
i have better things
to do.
Delivered, 6:27 p.m.

He looks back up at the grinning girl. She suddenly holds up her middle finger, and draws the curtain closed. Kageyama stands there, lost. He scoffs, shaking his head. "Dumbass..." he mutters under his breath.

word count : 469 words