XXI - Meet the Team

"Oi, Kageyamaaa!", I hear an irritating orange calling me. "What is it, boke?", I ask, annoyed. "I'm so nervous, I think I might puke," he says, with a panicked look on his face. "'Kay, whatever, just don't do it on me," I catch up with the rest of the team. A lot of people haven't arrived yet, including Mitsuhara. Remembering her, I walk up to Sawamura-san. "Sawamura-san, is it okay if one of my-" Well, she isn't technically my friend, so "acquaintances joins us to the practice match?, I ask. The captain laughs. "Kageyama, if you're inviting them to one of our games, they're your friend," he says, chuckling. "But sure, we have place for one more person on the bus!" I nod, and text Mitsuhara.

Monday, 3:01 p.m.

rude-ass kun
classes are over, we're
leaving soon. where r u?

greedy-san
sryy teacher took xtra
time 😤 b rite there
Seen, 3:02 p.m.

I quickly pack my stuff up, and start speedwalking to the ground. How ironic, I hate tardiness and I myself am tardy. I punch my cheek, mad at my hypocrisy. "Sorry *pant* I'm late. *pant*," I apologize to the team as I reach. "You must be Kageyama's acquaintance.", a guy with dark brown hair says. "Uh, sure? Kageyama and I are neighbors," I look at all of them weirdly. "I'm Mitsuhara Masumi, hi," I give them all a smile. "So Kageyama, do you bring all your neighbors to your matches, or only the pretty ones?", a guy with a tuft of blond hair wiggles his eyebrows at Kageyama. I let out a sound in-between a snort and a laugh, "You're funny, I like you." "Not a joke, though," he says, but we end up fist bumping each other. "I'm Nishinoya, and this is Tanaka," he points at a bald dude, who's fawning over.... A super gorgeous female? "Whoa-ho-ho! Hot damn, she's pretty!" I forget to filter my words. Nishinoya and Tanaka gasp in unison. "A rival!", they say. I ignore them, turning my attention to the guy who spoke to me first.

"I'm Sawamura Daichi, the captain of this team, hello!", he says politely, followed by a grey-haired male. "Sugawara Kōshi!" Everyone slowly introduces themselves. I don't really remember names too much, even with people on the dance team. But if I've seen you somewhere, I will most definitely remember your face. So I decide to just remember their faces, which wasn't too hard. I notice an orange-haired guy cowering in a corner. I gesture at him with my eyes, and ask Kageyama, "Who's that, and why is he so nervous?" "That's Hinata, he's a weird guy," he says, and I walk up to him.

word count : 458 words